44

"Na yung taong nagbigay nito, babalik sa piling ko."

When Caesar heard this, he looked at her eyes, it was devastated but it was still holding on to something. Baka nga umaasa pa siya, baka umaasa pa siya na babalik si Caesar sa piling niya.

Caesar: Aika... I....

He was about to say something when Aya called him from the lobby

Aya: Caesar. Your phone is ringing.

Caesar stopped talking when he heard Aya. There, he saw how Aika's eyes dropped some tears. For 2 years, for 2 years he thought he can do it but now looking at her, he wanted to wipe her tears away.

He thought she already moved on. He thought she was already happy but seeing her doing all of these things.

He just couldn't stop himself.

His hand getting closer to her face but as he was about to touch it. She stopped him
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aika: Stop Caesar. She's calling you.
.
.
.
Caesar stopped. Clenching his fist, he looked into her eyes and face to face, as he said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Caesar: Wag mong sayangin ang luha mo sa taong di na babalik sayo, Aika.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

He left Aika on the balcony. Aika looked at the view again. She breathe deeply knowing she couldn't stop the tears, knowing she couldn't stop her feelings, knowing she couldn't stop expecting.
She remembered everything, his promises and everything else in between.

.
.
.
.
.
The breeze was soft that day, it was like comforting her. Comforting her from all the pain she had experience and currently experiencing.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aika: Baka nga, ako nalang talaga ang umaasa na babalik ka pa.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Pero aasa parin ako.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Dahil mahal na mahal parin kita Caesar.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aasa at aasa parin na sa huli, tayong dalawa ang magkasama.

---------------------------------------

Setting: Hospital - 2 years ago.

Aika, Tricia and Cedrick travelled to Europe to see Caesar.

They arrived at the hospital. Aika was worried. She shouldn't have done this to him. She wanted to see him badly. But as they went to the hospital, security stopped them.

Cedrick: What's the meaning of this. Let us through!

Cha walked up to the scene.

Cha: No...

Aika saw her. She remembered clearly. The girl standing in front of them was the one on the picture.

Cedrick saw the girl. His gaze became serious.

Cedrick: Cha.

Aika, heard what Cedrick said. So her name was, Cha. Aika went in front of her and with a firm voice, she said.

Aika: Let us through.

Cha looked at her. She smiled at her.

Cha: He doesn't want to see you.

Aika flinched. No, that wasn't true. No, he wouldn't said that.

Aika: No, that's not.....

But Cha cut her off.

Cha: He hasn't slept for 5 days, do you know the reason why?

Aika's heart began beating fast. Was it because of her. Did she cause all of this??

Cha knew she had her thinking and doubting. One more, then she will break.

Cha: Aika, let's talk.

--------------------------
Setting: Meeting Room

Cha and Aika, the only ones in the room, sat down. Aika had a lot of questions to ask.

Aika: Who are you? And did you.....

Aika couldn't finish her sentences. The photo that Eugene gave her, it looked like he kissed her. He kissed this person who is in front of Aika right now.

Cha: kissed him? If I say yes, what would you do?

Aika's heart began racing. She clenched her fist, she knew she was being intimidated but she knew the fact, the fact that Caesar loves her and the fact that he will not let go.

Aika: Then, I'll kiss him back.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Because whatever you do, he will always come back to me.

Cha was surprised, she thought she was like that of a lamb who Caesar took care of. But looking at her now, it was the opposite. This girl will fight for him. This girl will do everything for him.

Cha smiled. This, this is like how she wanted.

Cha: I didn't kissed him. He stopped me, but it was close though.

Aika was relieved. It was all a misunderstanding. But what Cha said next made her concerned.

Cha: But I can still try again right?

Aika wasn't pleased with her.

Aika: Why are you doing this?

Cha: Because I want him to suffer. And you make it that easy, Aika. He is so vulnerable when it comes to you. Look where that led him.

Aika, hearing everything, was angry. Angry at all of them but mostly angry at herself. They were using her. They were using her to hurt him. And she couldn't do anything to protect him.

Cha knew this was getting to her head already. She smiled and continued.

Cha: Maybe this time, he might end up in a hospital but Aika, I have more surprises in store.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Are you willing to let him die for you?

Aika's eyes were concerned. Realising that what she said could happen. She love Caesar. She love him so much but if it was between being with him or leaving him to save him.  She would choose to save him. Over and over again. She didn't want him to die and suffer for her.

Aika breathe deeply. She was scared. Scared of what was happening. But she was more scared of losing him.
.
.
.
.
.
She was firm when she asked.

Aika: What do you want me to do?

Cha smiled.. She got her good.

Cha: Simple really,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I want you to decide for him.

--------------------
Aika went out of the meeting room.

Cedrick and Tricia noticed.

Tricia: Ate?

Aika looked at Tricia. Her eyes were devastated, tired and longing for rest as she said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aika: Trish, Cedrick umuwi na tayo.
.
.
.
---------------------
Goodmorning :)
Tara kape at baka mapawi ang mga nararamdaman natin.
I'll be traveling so no update sa gabi.
Eto yung chapter na di ganun kasakit. Pagpahingahin ko muna kayo hahaha

PS: At sa pagsikat ng araw, lagi lagi ikaw parin ang hahanapin. 🌄