In a Dire Situation

Recap from the previous chapter:

Everything was going under Eugene's plan. Making Caesar look pathetic in front of her. He had him in the palm of his hands.

But then again that's what he thought.

Caesar: True. But among the board of directors, there is one that holds the most power Mr. Garcia, the power to flip every decision and that is being the chair of the board.

Caesar walked to him. Eye to eye. His cold gaze and dominating aura emanating inside the room.

Caesar: And surprisingly, that same person is standing in front of you.

Eugene was surprised. Slowly, the blood from his face came rushing down. He became pale. He knew Caesar had a high position but not this high. He began to rattle, as the plan was not going the way he wanted it to go.

He looked around thinking of ideas to bring him down. Then he saw Aika. At that moment he smiled and thought of something.

Eugene's mind: That's right, I still have my ace. I can still use her against him.

---------------------------------

Setting: Meeting Office - RestartMe

Eugene, smiling, turned to Caesar giving him the final blow.

Eugene: I see. You hold so much power. 

He began laughing and with confidence as he asked.

Eugene: Is that the reason why Ms. Aika is abusing you?

The people around them murmured about Eugene's remark. Rapa, the CEO of RestartMe, was not happy with what he heard. He looked at Aika, who was at that time confused. Aika looked at him back, she knew this was gonna be trouble.

Rapa: Please explain Mr. Garcia.

Eugene walked to his table and took some envelopes and gave it to each of them.

Eugene: Rather than me, explaining, how about Ms. Aika do it herself.

Aika opened the envelope. Inside were pictures. Pictures of him and her, in Dublin. A particular photo caught her eye. The photo of him and her holding each other as they were dancing at a pub in Dublin. Aika knew where he was going with this.

Eugene: Ms. Aika, of all the people here, you being an executive, should know that having a romantic relationship with your client is a form of conflict of interest that opposed the policy of this company.

Aika heart sank hearing Eugene's words. He was right. This was against company policy. The severe punishment for this case was

.

.

.

.
.
.
.
.
 Subject for termination.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

Aika looked at Rapa to see his reaction. Disbelief, disbelief while looking at the pictures. He looked at Aika and shake his head. This was a serious matter.

Eugene: So Ms. Aika, care to explain?

Aika looked at Eugene, angry. She struggled to answer. She didn't know how to answer him. It was a dead end. Thoughts were coming inside her, she was afraid. Afraid of losing the position she worked hard for years.

Eugene began pressuring her to answer quickly. 

Eugene: Ms. Aika? We're waiting.

Aika was stuttering while speaking.