The Meeting

Wednesday came fast. The team prepared well for their presentation. Aika was the one who prepared the most. 

________________

Setting: At RestartMe Meeting Office.

Rubbing her hands between each other to release tension, Aika let out a heavy breathe to calm herself.

Rapa: Ready Aiks?

Aika: Ready.

Just then, three men in business attires walked inside the room. They looked dignified and well esteemed providing pressure to the team.

Secretary Jay: Good afternoon. My name is Jay Smith, secretary of one of the board of directors of British Petroleum. With me is Bernard Looney, CEO and Artie Lindon, Managing Director.

The team proceeded to introduce themselves, offered handshakes left and right.

As the guests now seated, Aika in front, standing, beside the door, was ready to start the presentation until.

Jay: Wait. We're still missing someone.

He proceeded opening his phone and attempt to call until.

The door opened, someone walked inside. 

Aika stood silent. This smell, this same smell that she missed for so long. She remembered it, How can she not. This smell, it was his. 

Slowly, she turned around. Heart beating faster and feelings mixed with emotions longing to see him again. She wanted to see the same hazelnut eyes he had. She didn't want to assume but this time she prayed. She prayed hard wishing it was him.

As she turned around, her eyes couldn't hide her emotions any longer. Seeing the same hazelnut eyes, his hair wavy, the way she liked it but the one that captured her the most was his smile. 

The same sincere smile that he only showed exclusively to her.

The man came to her closer. Eyes now leveled with her. He began to speak.

Caesar: Was I late?

Aika knew the question had another meaning to it. She smiled at him. This time letting him see her true emotions.  She was happy. Very happy. She answered.

Aika: No, you were right on time. 

Hearing her say this, his smile grew wider. He offered her his hand.

Caesar: Caesar Andre Rothschild, board of director of British Petroleum, call me Caesar.

She returned his handshake. His hands, having the same warmth that she missed.

Aika: Jessica Marie Robredo, call me Aika.

At that moment, it felt like they were the only ones in the room. He can't take his eyes off of her. He missed her so much. The girl who made her insane, now standing in front of him, closer to him. He was lost in space but he didn't mind as long as he was with her.

Secretary: Sir.

Hearing the voice of Jay, Caesar redeemed his composure. Back to reality. 

Secretary: Miss Aika will be the one doing the presentation.

Caesar: I see. (smiling)

He touched her shoulder, gently.

Caesar: Goodluck!

Aika smiled.

After introducing Caesar to the other members of the team, the presentation started.

Aika was prepared. She presented everything precisely. The way he liked it.