The Meet Up

After Naga, Caesar and Aika went back to Manila. Another 10 hours of travel, they were tired but fulfilled being with each other's company.

-----------------------

Setting: Aika's Room 

She woke up at 5am, having a severe headache. She checked her phone and noticed a message from  Mina.

Mina: Hi Maam Aika, goodmorning, there is an urgent meeting today set at 9:30am. This is regarding our Marawi Project. Details sent on email. Thank you!

After reading the text, Aika's headache began to worsen. She wanted to lay down on the bed for a while. She didn't want to go to work. Just then, her phone notified her signaling another message.

It was from Caesar.

Caesar's Text: Good morning Sunshine. Wake up na? Eat your breakfast today before going to work. Can't wait to see you later. :)  

She smiled. She thought about how lucky she was having him. Him who made her smile everyday.

She replied. Thinking of something to tease him.

Aika's Text: Good morning. Wala akong gana eh :(

Caesar seeing her text began panicking.

Caesar's Text: Huh. Why? May masakit ba sayo? Puntahan kita.

Aika laughed. Thinking that he might be panicking already. She replied.

Aika's Text: Wala kasing naglalagay ng ulam sa plate ko. :)

As soon as he saw her reply, he began blushing. This girl, this girl is driving her insane. With her jokes, banat and everything that she does. She was just too adorable. He couldn't help it. He thought of a perfect reply.

Caesar's text:  You don't need to ask me to do it again. I'll do it all over again if it's you, Aika. Subuan pa kita eh. :)

Aika seeing his text, laughed. These days he was getting bolder and bolder with his punchlines. She then replied.

Aika's Text:  Tamang landi lang sa umaga? :D

Caesar's Text: Correction. Tamang landi para sa tamang tao sa umaga  ;)

Aika couldn't stop smiling. That time kinikilig na siya. Di niya na mapigilan. Until she heard someone calling her.

Tricia: Ate kain na!

Hearing Tricia, she hurriedly get off bed, leaving him with one last reply.

Aika's Text: Yup. Tamang tao katulad mo. See you later, kain na ako. :)

-------------------------

Setting: Hotel Meeting Room

He was smiling when he saw the text. Kinikilig na ng sobra. He can't hide his smile. His smile, now visible during the meeting.

His secretary noticed.

Secretary Jay: Sir?

Caesar: Huh? What? What was that?

Secretary: Sir, please focus.

Caesar thinking of Aika said, smiled and said.

Caesar: I am focused. (Focused on her)

The meeting continued and as soon as it finished, Caesar excitedly wanted to get off and go to Aika's office but then his phone rang. This was from the one of the board of directors. 

After answering, he look pissed. This was something he couldn't delay. 

Secretary Jay: Another meeting?

Caesar shake his head in disbelief.

Caesar: Let's just get this over with. Jay, you go first to the office as the representative. I'll just finish this meeting with these bastards and follow through.

Jay knew he was pissed. He nodded in response. He was about to go when he added.

Caesar: Oh and Jay, if Aika asked about me, tell her about the meeting and tell her I'll be a little bit late. (Smiling)

Jay nodded. He knew Caesar since then. He wasn't like this before. He was never like this before. Cold and prideful, business first as always was his mindset but surprisingly, Aika changed all of that.

He smiled at the thought that his boss, his friend, was now severely, in love.

-------------------------

Setting: RestartME Meeting Room

Jay arrived, Aika noticed. She was searching for him. She couldn't find him. She started getting worried. Jay noticed her reaction couldn't help but laughed.

Secretary jay: Maam Aika, he just had another urgent meeting. He said he'll be here in a bit.

Aika smiled at Jay. Now, relieved.

Aika: Thank you.

She then texted him, fooling around saying.

Aika's Text: Ayaw kong pinapahintay ako. Just so you know :)

Caesar saw her text. He smiled. He was smiling while he was meeting the boards.

Board Member: Sir, is there any problem?

Caesar paused and said.

Caesar: Let's go through this fast. Someone's waiting for me. (Smiling)

-----------------------

Aika's meeting went well, covering a lot of changes in their Marawi Project and Jay giving assurance that they will support and sponsor the team. During the meeting, Aika's headache was still there. It became more intense compared to earlier. She could barely think.

After everything was settled, Aika was relieved. She could rest na after the meeting but there was a last minute notice that was supposed to be discussed. She was about to go out of the door when the client mentioned her.

Client: Miss Aika!

Aika looked back at the client.

Client: For the Marawi Project, there will be a new project manager working hand in hand with you. His name is...

The door opened, and a man coming inside mentioned his name. A name that she wasn't suppose to hear.

Man: Eugene Paulo Garcia.

Hearing this voice, Aika stopped. She couldn't breath properly. She didn't want to look back. She didn't want to see. She was afraid of the man behind her. She knew this smell, she knew this voice, she knew that this was the same man she once loved and the same man who left her.

The man noticed she wouldn't turn her back so he walked in front of her. Now near her, he offered her his hand and said.

Eugene: Long time no see, Aika.

She wasn't responding so he came closer to her ear, and whispered.

Eugene: Or should I say mahal?

--------------------------

Author's POV.

Mygadd. Ini imagine ko na mabasa to ni Ate Aika. Baka sakalin niya ako sa mga pinag iisip ko hahahahaha. Ang daming nangyari - bwisit hahahahaha.

But anyways, pila na po sa gustong pumatay kay Eugene. And Caesar, manok ko, asan kana!!!!! Bilisan mo!!! Mga tao na ngbabasa, macomment kayo hahaha. Sabay tayo makilig at mainis!!!! Hahahaha.

Sana masarap pa kain niyo at wag niyo itapon yung plato 👉👈

But anyways, eto na. A confrontation for closure or confrontation to bring back the past? Abangan. 🥹