A Chance

Setting: Inside Caesar's Room (1 week after Dublin trip)

He was staring at the documents. Reading it one by one, he noticed a familiar shadow going inside the room. It was Astrid.

Astrid looked at the bags arranged on the side of the room.

Astrid: So you decided to do it.

Caesar put down the documents he was holding. Looked at her sister.

Caesar: Yes. 

Astrid: Kuya... you...

Before she can finish what she was saying, Caesar cut her off.

Caesar: Astrid. Remember the time when you asked me if I like her?

Astrid silent at the moment. Caesar stood up, in front of her. Looking at her sister's eyes.

Caesar: I do. I like her. I like Aika very much.

Astrid saw it. His sincerity. Her brother changed.

Astrid: But what if it doesn't go as you plan?

Caesar laughed. 

Caesar: Yeah. That terrified me as well. But you know, someone (Aika) told me that uncertainty will always be there. But sometimes, we just need to be a little braver. It's better to give it a chance than just giving it all up for the sake of not trying.

Astrid: And you're willing to take that chance?

Caesar smiled.

Caesar: I'll do everything in my power to take that chance. 

Astrid smiled. This guy, he changed. Before he met Aika, he always went with what was certain. Always having a solid proof plan. No room for uncertainties and mistakes. But this time, he was willing to take the risk for her.

Astrid: Well, I can't stop you can't I? (She smiled)

Caesar went to his desk, took the box where the ring was hidden. He took out the ring, looked at it and smiled.

Caesar: No, no one can stop me this time. 

------------------------------

The Robredos went back to the Philippine. They went on their normal lives. 

Setting: Philippines - Robredo Condo (2 weeks after visiting Dublin)

Tita Aika!!!!!  said by a little girl running towards Aika.

Aika: Natalia!! (hugging her niece)

Gaile (cousin) and Natalie (niece) visited the Condo.

Gaile: Hello girls, I saw your pictures. How was Dublin?

Jill: Naku it was beautiful! 

Tricia: We enjoyed! Super.

Aika didn't answer.

Gaile: Aika?

Aika: It was great. 

Natalia: Tita Tricia and Tita Jill, lets play! Sing tayo and play guitar!

The three went to the living room to play. Leaving Gaile and Aika in the kitchen

Gaile: Aika. Did something happen in Dublin?

Aika closed her eyes in a bit. She turned to Gaile.

Aika: No, nothing happened.

Gaile took out her phone. Scrolling in Instagram.

Gaile: If nothing happened. Bakit ganito ngiti mo? By the way sino to? (Pointing at Caesar, it was a picture of the two of them, dancing in the pub. Taken by Jill)

Aika's Mind: Patay ka sakin Jill!

Aika: That's Caesar, Cedrick's brother.

Gaile: Cedrick's brother lang ba talaga? 

Aika was silent.

Gaila: Aika, you haven't smiled like this since your ex....

Aika stopped her.

Aika: We don't need to dwell in the past. Tapos na diba. It already happened.

Seeing her reaction, Gaile stop questioning.

Natalie: Mommy! Come here please.

Gaile: Coming baby.

Gaile went to the living room while Aika went to her room. She opened her closet. Took out a scarf. The same scarf that Caesar gave her. She kept it, safe and hidden.

She remembered him putting it on her. Touching her hands, blowing warm air on it. Making sure she felt the warmness of his skin. His hazelnut colored eyes, his warm smile.

She remembered all of it as if hearing him saying those words again. 

Caesar: You are driving me insane. 

She misses him. 

Aika's imagination stopped when her phone rang.

Aika's Phone: Kriiiinnnng

Aika returned the scarf. Pick up her phone and answered.

Aika: Hello.

Staff Mina: Maam Aika, hello po. It's Mina. I just want to inform you lang po, meron daw po tayo urgent meeting later.

Aika: Hi Mina, regarding sa ano yung meeting?

Staff Mina: Naku, good news daw po. An international company decided to give us a chance, they are willing to invest and support RestartMe. May presentation po tayo next week with them. 

Aika: Good. Ano name ng company?

Staff Mina: Not yet disclosed pa po. Details will be discussed sa meeting later. But I heard,  a higher up po sa company yung nagrecommend satin. So I think we have a chance.

Aika: Sige, thanks for the info Mina. See you later sa meeting.

-----------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Ninoy Aquino International Airport....

 A man sitting, reading a book. Waiting.

Man: Sir the car's ready. 

The man put down his book. His hazelnut colored eyes visible, he had hopeful smile. He stood up and went to the car.

After arriving to his hotel room, he reached out for something inside his bag. It was same box he held into when she left. He took the ring inside. Amazed by its beauty.

He thought about her.

Caesar: To the only person who drives me insane, I can't wait to see you.

-------------------------

Author's POV

At dahil nakakape ako, eto na yung update. 

Let's start the next chapter right.

To more caffeinated induced chapters with you guys!