The Moment

Aika woke up in an unfamiliar room. But this scent, she knew. It was Caesars.

She tried to get up but she was still weak to do so. Her head still ache. She touched her forehead and felt a cooling patch sticking on it and her body covered in blanket making sure she's warm.

She smiled. He really took care of her.

Just then, the door opened, a man holding a tray with a glass of water, bowl of soup and medicine.

Caesar: Aika?

Hearing his voice, she tried to get up fast to greet him but her headache seems to get in the way.

The man hurriedly put the tray on the side table and assisted her.

Caesar: Take it slowly, you still have fever.

He assisted her to sit on the bed comfortably. He then sat next to her and ask

Caesar: How are you feeling? May masakit ba sayo?

Aika shook her head in response, signaling him she was okay.

He held her hand gently. Kissing it. His eyes was full of guilt. He was blaming himself for the things that happened to her.

Caesar: Sorry, I was late. If only I was there earlier, he wouldnt have the chance to hurt you.

Aika touched his face, comforting him. Caressing his skin as she said.

Aika: But you came diba? You just saved me right in time. You always do.

She then approached his forehead. Kissing it. This time, she didn't want him to suffer anymore.

As she holds his face with both hands touching his skin. Her forehead on his. Him feeling the warmth of her skin and noticing every breath she take.
.
.
.
.
She moved in closer.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Closer

.
.
.
.
.
.

Closer.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Her lips touching his. This right moment.
This very moment.

She kissed him.

And he returned her kiss. He held her closer, wrapping his hands around her waist and hers, wrapping around his neck.

Their lips seemed inseparable.

That moment, everything was in place.
Everything was perfect.
.
.
.
.
.
There was only one fact shown at that moment
.
.
.
.
.
The fact that he loves her and she loves him back as well.
.
.
.
.
.

But despite the kiss between them, Caesar wanted to hear it directly from her.

He pulled his lips from hers. Looking at her eyes, longing for her, wanting her.

He said.

Caesar: Aika, I love you.

She heard him. Aika knew he was longing for her. She knew he wanted to hear those words. This time, there was no hesitation, there were no what ifs, there were no past that haunted her. This moment, this very moment, the only thing that mattered to her was him.

She didn't want to let go anymore.
.
.
.

She didn't want to prolong it any longer
.
.
.
.

She replied.

Aika: I love you too, Caesar.

You can see at that moment, Caesar's eyes, no words can describe how it shined. How he felt that very moment, it was truly indescribable.

Everything was perfect

He kissed her and she kissed him back. At that moment, Caesar knew that the woman she's holding meant the world to him. She was everything to him.

This time, he was sure and he will make sure, he will not make the same mistake he did before.

He will protect and love her till the very end.

This moment was theirs. Only theirs, alone.

No one can take it from them.

------------------

But in every story, there will always be conflict.
.

.

.
Sometimes, we protect the ones we love the most, making us vulnerable, making us forget to protect ourselves.
.

.
---------------
Setting: Hospital

Eugene getting treatment for his dislocated shoulder.

His phone rang. He answered it.

Eugene: Hello sir.

Man: Looks like you provoked him too much.

Eugene: Looks like it. But at least, now, we know his weakness.

At that moment, the fact was made known, that Caesar has a weakness.

It was her.

It was Aika.

----------------
Author's POV.
Eto na, eto na, eto na nga!!!!

Oh carry pa ba mga teh???
Kaya pa ba? 😂😂😂

Or nababaliw na din kayo katulad ko 😂😂😂

Mix emotions na masaya pero kabado si author.. shet.