Vacation - 2nd Day (2)

After breakfast, it took them 2 hours to get to Moher by car.

The Cliffs of Moher - one of beautiful destination in Ireland. With a breathtaking view of the ocean and a melody of wave crashing and gnawing at the soft shale and sandstone.

Truly, an epitome of beauty.

---------------------------------------

Setting: Cliff of Moher

Tricia: Love, here. (As she ran near the cliffs)

Cedrick: Love careful! (Catching up with Tricia)

Jill and Astrid: Wait for us!

The four reached the peak. Taking pictures left and right.

Caesar and Aika were left behind. Continuously catching up with the four.

Aika: Tumatanda na ata tayo. (While walking up to the cliffs)

Caesar: Says the girl who can do pull ups. (Smiling)

Aika laughed.

Aika: Yes, says the girl who is continuously haunted by your korny jokes.

Caesar laughed at her response.

Tricia: Ate Aiks, Kuya Caesar picture!!!!

Aika: Papunta na Trish! (Running to the group leaving Caesar behind)

Caesar looking at Aika from behind with one thing on his mind.

Caesar's mind: Eh paano kung hindi pala joke.

Cedrick: Kuya! Let's go!

Caesar: Coming!

The group took a lot of group pictures on the cliff.

Astrid: Tara sa lighthouse naman tayo.

Jill: Let's go!

Cedrick: Let's go love. (Holding Tricia's hand while she followed)

Tricia: Ate Aiks, Kuya Caesar let's go!

Aika: Mauna na kayo Trish, sunod ako. Kuha lang ako landscape photos.

Caesar signaling them to go ahead.

Cedrick: Alright. Kuya si Ate Aiks ha.

Jill: Oo nga kuya, baka mahulog (Teasing her sister)

Aika: Gusto mo ikaw ihulog ko Jill.

Jill hiding behind Astrid.

Caesar laughed at their reaction and the four proceeded to go to the lighthouse. Leaving the two behind.

Aika went about to take landscape pictures  of the view.

Caesar looking at her from behind, she was smiling. She was happy.

As the wind blows toward Caesar, it carried her scent. The same scent on the plane. He can't take his eyes off of her. Unconsciously smiling as if it was a blessing to witness such beauty.

As she turned towards him, time slowed down, her hair carried by the wind, the view complimenting her, becoming the perfect background and seeing that smile on her face, it was a scene to die for.

Aika: Ang ganda ng view nu.

Caesar snapping back to reality. Smiled. Broke the silence and said.

Caesar: Oo nga, ang ganda (But he was not referring to the view, he was referring to her)

Caesar took out his phone.

Caesar: I'll take a picture of you.

Aika: Sige, gandahan mo ha! (Teasing him)

Caesar took pictures of her. The perfect subject ika nga. As he reviewed the photos, he didn't realize that he was visibly showing his smile. A vibrant one.

Aika: Bakit ang ganda ng ngiti mo. Pinagtritripan mo ako nu? (Coming from the side - looking at his phone)

Caesar taken a back and was surprised.

Aika: Uy. Ang ganda! (Surprised, looking at the photos and decided to scroll Caesar's gallery)

Seeing her smile, it made a difference to him.

He then remembered the folklore regarding the cliffs. It was a tragedy but what if he twist it a bit. Would he be able to get a reaction from her?

Caesar: Sabi nila, in this very cliff that you were standing (pointing at the picture where Aika was standing), meron nakita ditong mermaid. A beautiful and majestic mermaid who captured the heart of one man. He instantly fell in love at first sight.

Aika hearing his story, looked at him.

Aika: But it was an unrequited love diba? He loved her but she didn't love him back. She was forced to marry him but in the end left him and their children without saying goodbye.

Caesar stood silent. She knew the folklore and the tragedy of unrequited love.

Caesar: (Broke the silence) But paano kaya nu, what if she loved him back?

Aika fell silent for a bit. Thinking.

Aika: Hmmm. If she really loved him then she shouldn't have left.  But then again, di mo na mababago ang nangyari na. The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased, it can only be accepted. So in their case, we just have to accept that the love they had was indeed unrequited.

At that moment, Caesar felt an emotion he never felt before. Fear. Hearing her mentioning the term, unrequited, it made his heart beat faster and his insides turn. 

Caesar: You really know a lot of things Aika.

Aika just smiled at him.

They then heard Astrid and the gang calling their names from the lighthouse.

Astrid: Aika, Kuya! Let's go! Kayo nalang kulang sa picture.

Aika: Let's go? 

As Aika was asking Caesar - he noticed her  skin reacting again. This time he couldn't stop himself.

Caesar: Yeah, but first...

Caesar pulled out the scarf from his bag and wrapped it around Aika. Getting closer to her, he said.

Caesar: You looked cold.

He then proceeded to walk in front of her. This time, he didn't want to see her reaction. He didn't want to see her face. He didn't want to see her smile. Because if he did, this time, yes, this time, he might really go insane.

All these thoughts barging in his mind stopped when he heard her say.

Aika: Thank you.

Hearing her words, yes, that was enough. Atleast, for now.

------------
Author's note: Humahaba yung day 2. 😅 Ewan ko lang kung saan papunta yung progression ng dalawa.

But anyways, 🫣🫣🫣. They're getting closer na nu pero bakit parang one sided.