The Memory

Setting: Caesar's Room

The two ate lunch together and decided to discuss what happened earlier. Both of them sat at the sofa.

Caesar noticed Aika was looking concerned about happened earlier.

Caesar: Hon, what's on you mind?

Aika looked at his eyes. She tried to smile but she couldn't hide the sadness in her eyes.

Aika: I'm sorry.. Kanina ,you were....

Caesar cut him off.
He held her hands and comfort her.

Caesar: It's not your fault Aika.

But Aika knew it was.

Aika: But it was Caesar. It was my fault. Alam ko yung nangyayari kanina.

Tears began falling from her eyes. She didn't want this. She didn't want him to suffer because of her. To lose everything because of her.

Aika: Caesar, pinaghirapan mo yung position na yan tapos bigla lang mawawala dahil sakin.

Caesar: Aika....

Aika: Ayaw kong masira ka din dahil sakin. Caesar..

Aika laid on Caesar's chest while crying. She was afraid to lose him. She was afraid. Baka nga totoo na sinira niya si Eugene before. But now, she doesn't want that to happen to Caesar.

She was having doubts, what ifs but one thing was sure, she doesn't want him to get hurt.

Caesar hugged her. His lips kissing her forehead.

Then he started saying her name, gentle as ever.

Caesar: Aika.

She looked at him, tears still falling from her eyes. He wiped it all off.

Caesar: Aika, I promised you diba na I'll protect you and I'll stay whatever happens.

Aika: But.....

Caesar kissed her. Making her forget what she was going to say. His forehead now on hers. She can feel his warm skin, his calm breathing as he said

Caesar: I would do it all over again. Saving you and defending you. Pano ako masisira kung ikaw mismo ang kumompleto ng buhay ko.

Caesar, now caressing her face and fixing the strands of her hair as she stopped crying.

Caesar: I know it's hard. But that doesn't mean we can't work our way out. Remember, there are uncertainties, but we chose to go for it. To give it a chance.

He came closer again, his eyes leveled with her, cm away from her lips as he said.

Caesar: Whatever happens, I'll be by your side. Di ako aalis.

Caesar kissed her assuring her that everything will be alright.

Aika pulled him over to her. As she touched his face, feeling every part of him. She said.

Aika: Caesar, whatever happens, promise me you won't let go.

Caesar smiled at her and with all his heart he said.

Caesar: Promise. I'll never let you go.

----------------

After few hours, Aika was now sleeping on Caesar's arms. She was worn out with what happened today.

Caesar, on the other hand, can't stop staring at her.

Caesar's mind: You look so beautiful Aika.

Just then, his phone rang signaling for a call.