Vacation - 5th Day (2)

Strolling along the path going to the cabin, the two kept a distance. She was leading, he was behind her. It was silent. Too silent.

Wind breeze getting harsher. Her, rubbing both hands to provide heat. He saw it all. But he hesitated. Another harsh wind came, this time it carried away the hesitation he had.

He held her hand, signaling her to stop. Touching her hands, she was freezing.

He took the scarf off his neck and wrapped it around her. Her hands, still not getting warmer. Cold, still cold. He held her hands near his face, started to blow warm air on it and putting it on his warm skin.

Aika laughed at him.

Caesar: Why are you laughing?

Aika, this time, being honest.

Aika: Because you look cute when you did that. (Smiling at him)

Caesar wasn't prepared for that. Surprised. His face started getting red. He was embarrassed, kinikilig. All mixed emotion showing off because of a sentence coming from her. Dazed from reality up until,

Aika: Caesar.

Caesar: (Back to reality) Yes.

Aika: If you're gonna hold my hand, do it properly.

Caesar touching her hand with his, slowly. His fingers intertwined with her. It was a perfect fit. He lifted her hand near his lips. Kissed it. Looking into her eyes saying.

Caesar: You are driving me insane.

Aika laughed.

Aika: I know.

---------------------------

Setting: At the Cabin's kitchen

As Aika was cooking, she and Caesar were having conversations left and right. Both laughing. Both having a good time. Smiles visible on each others faces. The conversations were going somewhere, smoothly until.

Jill: Ang ingay niyo (just woke up)

Following her was Tricia, Cedrick and Astrid.

Tricia: Uy! Pinangat! (Going straight to the food and tasting it)

Astrid: Let me try too!

After tasting the dish, both commented.

Astrid and Tricia: Ang sarap!!!

Jill: Ako din patikim!

Cedrick: Ate Aiks, goodbye dish na ba to?

Caesar quickly turned to his brother.

Caesar: Goodbye dish?

Cedrick: Kuya, don't tell me you forgot. Uuwi na sila tomorrow remember.

Hearing his brother's word, his smile slowly wore off. He had keen attention to details but this time, this moment, he forgot or maybe he just wanted to forget. Before, he always wished that time pass by fast but during those days, those days with her, he wished it was slower, no, he wished that time would stop itself. He dazed for a moment.

Aika elbowed him gently.

Aika: Mauubos na nila yung Pinangat mo.

Caesar silent, looked at her. Eyes, longing for an answer.

Caesar: Would you consider extending the stay?

But Aika's eyes didn't hesitate. She knew that this was temporary. This was and will be a memory that she will either remember or forget.

Aika: No. I can't afford to extend it any further.

Something in his heart ached when he heard her say these words. His emotions, out of hand, was noticed by Astrid.

The group decided to eat dinner. All of them lively, except Caesar.

---------------------

Setting: On the balcony of the Cabin - midnight.

Caesar breathing the cold wind. Staring into the abyss. Empty. He looked empty.

Astrid noticed, she decided to confront him.

Astrid: Kuya.

Caesar: Yes?

Astrid: Do you like her?

Caesar surprised by the question.

Caesar: What are you talking about?

Astrid: Do you like Aika? (serious)

Caesar couldn't answer. He knew a lot of words but that time - every word just disappeared.

Astrid seeing his reaction. Let out a frown.

Astrid: Are you serious about her?

He didn't answer.

Astrid: Kuya, if you can't answer then just stop. She suffered enough. You'll just break her into pieces.

Caesar: What do you mean? (Confused)

Astrid: I've heard from her sisters. She suffered a lot from her previous relationship. The guy she was with, broke her. Enough to let her question everything. She begged, lumuhod siya, she was willing to give up everything - her job, family and even herself. But still the guy left.

Caesar didn't know. That time he was angry, worried, confused. He wanted to see her, comfort her and tell her that he's gonna be there for her.

He wanted to dash out when Astrid stopped him.

Astrid: Kuya, if you are uncertain, then don't go. She's a good person. She doesn't deserve to be in a situation kung saan masasaktan siya. Please.

Caesar looked at her sister. She was serious.

Astrid: It didn't happen too long ago and I know you still remember. So, please, don't repeat the same mistake you made before. Especially, not with her.

Astrid let that as her final warning and left.

Leaving Caesar silent, alone and empty.

----------

Author's POV

...................

So eto na po yung next na chapter, last day na nila sa Dublin tomorrow.

Parang hesitant pa ako i post ang next chapter - nasasaktan din po ang author.

hahahahhahahahahahha.

Bigyan niyo ako ng kape!!!!!!!