Iloilo (Day 1.5)

Setting: Aika's Room (11pm)

Aika woke up, sweating profusely - she dreamt of him (Eugene) again. She was getting tired and drained. She needed to get some fresh air.

She walk outside her room going to the shore. It was a cold night, the air was whistling while the waves crashing. Aika decided to sit down. Despite the cold atmosphere, she wasn't feeling any of it. She was just broken and hurt to notice anything.

But then, coming from the back, a jacket covered her skin. It was Caesar.

Caesar: It's cold. Baka magkasakit ka.

As he covered her up, he sat down next to her.

He wasn't talking, he wasn't asking any questions about Eugene or about what happened. He just sat there waiting for her.

Aika knew she had been rude to him kanina. So she decided to apologize.

Aika: Caesar, about what happened kanina. I'm....

But Caesar cut him off

Caesar: Don't be. Don't be sorry. You suffered a lot. You have every right to cry and to be angry.

He then patted her head. A gesture saying it's gonna be okay. She's gonna be okay.

Aika felt his sincerity. Bit by bit, the pain she felt lifted.

Aika: You don't wanna ask me what happened?

Caesar looked at her and held her hand.

Caesar: I want to. I want to know what happened pero if you're not ready to tell me. I can wait.

Caesar leaning his head over Aika continued saying.

Caesar: If it's you Aika, I can wait.

Caesar lift his head and saw her tears running through her face. This time, she was crying. She can't stop it. She doesn't want to stop it anymore.

Looking at what's in front of him, Caesar wrap her around his arms. Pull her to his chest. and let her be. Let her cry everything she felt from the past till the present. And that she did.

After crying it all to him, she decided to lay her head on his shoulders. Her eyes swollen from all the tears she shed, her voice crackling up from all the emotions but her heart slowly healing because of him.

She began telling him.

Aika: Eugene was my ex-fiance. We met before Grad school. You can say he was...

Aika hesitated but Caesar held her hand, signaling her it's okay, it's gonna be okay. Now braver, she continued telling him her past.

Aika: You can say he was the love of my life. (Aika looked at his eyes, concerned)

When Caesar heard this, his heart ache but he needed to know and he needed her to let it all go even if it meant hurting him. He nodded , signaling her to continue.

Aika: We were together for 7 years, he was always there for me especially nung namatay si papa. He made me laugh, he took care of me and he eventually proposed to me and I answered yes.

Aika paused for a bit. Caesar, held her hand tighter. She continued

Aika: We were about to get married after 2 months but during that time he grew cold. He didn't wanna spend time with me and he constantly telling me things I thought he would never say to me. But I still had no doubts. I trusted him fully. I just loved him so much that I had to endure it even though it hurts.

Aika tears coming back again but still, she continued.

Aika: I wanted to surprise him for our anniversary. So I went to his office and I saw him there.