A Bad Dream

Setting: Robredos Condo - Aika's room

Aika joined the meeting (Teams)

Mina: Hello everyone. The agenda for todays meeting is for our presentation on Wednesday. I have sent the handouts sa chat. Paki check nalang.

Hya (Staff): BP? The British Petroleum!?? Yung sa UK? Seryoso to?

Rapa (President of RestartMe): I know. Tumawag lang sakin last week yung secretary. Apparently, one of the boards recommended our company. He convinced the other boards to give us a chance as well. But before investing, need nila makita ang marketing plan and projects natin. Presentation is on Wednesday.

Ken (Staff): Wow, very convincing siguro yung tao na yun. Ano name niya?

Rapa: Di minention eh but I've heard he was the youngest board of director elected. Undisclosed din pangalan niya when I tried digging to it.

Alexis (Staff): Ooohh. Mysterious guy. So sino po yung magprepresent on Wednesday.

Rapa: I was thinking, Aika can do it? 

Everyone nodded in agreement with the decision.

Aika: Really? Parang pinagtutulungan niyo naman ako eh.

Alexis: Di naman ate Aiks. Ikaw kasi yung convincing sa atin lahat.

Rapa: Plus Aika, you're quite active din sa mga projects natin. Easy to convey na yan sayo since you have experienced it first hand.

Ken: Magsasalita ka palang Aiks, mag oo na kaagad yun. (Joking)

Aika seeing that they will not change the decision. Nodded.

Aika: Sige. I'll do it. Sino yung audience for the presentation?

Rapa: Secretary Jay Smith along with CEO Bernard Looney will be attending the meeting on Wednesday.

After a few discussion, the meeting ended.

Aika, tired, decided to lay on her bed. She's gonna be very busy next week.

She closed her eyes. Falling to a deep sleep. Remembering a past she thought she had already forgotten.

----------
(Aika's Dream)

He was the love of her life and her to his. Atleast, that's what she thought.

Silence filled the room. Until she broke it.

Aika: Do you love her?

The man hesitated to answer

Man: Aika.

Aika: Answer me.

She was determined to know. She demanded the truth even if it meant hurting herself.

The man slowly answered her question. In all honesty, he said.

Man: Yes

Hearing his words, tears from her eyes started to become visible. The man that she loved for 7 years, the man that she thought she would spend her life with is now on the verge of leaving her.

Man: Aika. I'm sorry

Aika: No. If you were, you wouldn't do this. You would stay. Mahal, we can still fix this. Lets talk this out please.

But the man didn't listen, he started packing his things. Aika held his hand.
Knees getting weaker. Asking him to stay over and over again. But he didn't listen.

Done packing, the man rushed through the door. But Aika held his hand one more time.

Aika: Mahal please.

Now, on her knees. Begging.

Aika: I love you. I love you mahal.
.
.
.
.so please,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.please
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Stay.

The man, not even looking back at her, opened the door.

Man:  Let me go Aika. Wag kang magpakatanga.

The man left. Leaving her behind, devastated, broken. Her body fell to the floor. Lifeless and empty.

She woke up from the bad dream. Tears rushing from her eyes.

She thought she forgot. But she never did. As tears flowing, from her eyes. Thoughts of what ifs clouded her mind.

Aika's mind: Kung nagsorry ba ako sa mga pagkukulang ko, would he stay?

These thoughts started eating her up until she remembered, him, the guy who saved her in the Book of Kells.

Caesar: You don't have to say sorry, not to me, not to anyone. It's okay Aika. It wasn't your fault.

Remembering his words, she had the courage to wipe her tears. His words, comforted her.

------------
Setting: Caesar's hotel room - terrace

Holding a glass of whiskey on his hand.
Staring at the  busy streets of Manila.

The wind blew cold. He remembered her, how she gets cold easily. Sensitive and fragile like glass.

Caesar: I hope she's not cold tonight.

He drank from the glass and smiled.

Caesar: I miss her.

------------

Author's POV

🤯🤯🤯 Okay sabog na utak ko.
Time to sleep!! Sana maganda tulog niyo.
Galit kayo sa nangyari kay Aika?