Vacation - 6th Day

The 6th Day - the group currently travelling to the Airport.

Setting: On the Car - Caesar driving, Aika on the opposite side while four sleeping behind them.

There was silence in the car. He didn't strike a conversation as usual. He couldn't even look at her at this point. 

Caesar's mind: Nakakabingi pala ang katahimikan.

His eyes said it all. How empty he feels right now. How dissatisfied he is. How he wanted to change everything. He wanted to hold her, kiss her and tell her everything. He wanted to be braver. Just how she would like him to be.

But he didn't have the courage at this point because he knew what Astrid said last night was true. As they were approaching the airport, the feeling gets heavier and heavier. 

The silence broke when he heard her voice:

Aika: Wala kang imik since morning ah. What happened?

Hearing her voice, it sounded like melody. Music danced in his ears. Smelling her scent lingering inside the car. It drove him crazy.

Caesar's mind: You. That what's happened Aika. You happened.

He wanted to tell her but he didn't answered her. He stayed silent all through out the trip .

.

.

.

.

She noticed.

-----------------------

Setting: Airport

The group went on inside. The four leading while the two of them (Aika and Caesar) stayed behind.

He didn't notice. But she was looking at him the whole time. She saw through his lies. His eyes told the truth. This she knew.

Aika: Caesar 

Chills felt on his skin. She called his name. He didn't answered.

Caesar's mind: No, please. Don't make this too hard for me. Stop.

Aika: Look at me. Please.

At the moment, he stopped walking. Slowly, scared and confused. He turned towards her. He looked at her. Her eyes staring at him back.

Aika pulled him closer. Breaking his barrier, closer to her. She whispered.

Aika: I don't know what happened but. 

Closer he can feel her lips on his ear.

Aika: Thank you.

She said it sincerely before pulling herself away. He saw it. He witnessed it. The smile she had after saying that was rare. It had meaning to it.

Aika proceeded to catch up to the group while Caesar left behind remembering everything. A rare thing for him to do. But he was there, he saw everything, he felt everything with her. 

As he followed them walking, flashbacks ran through his thoughts. He remembered...

The first day he met her at dinner, how she looked confident and answered at him well. 

To the second day, he was nearly ran over by a car captivated by her looks, to when she teased him on the stairs of the plane unto the chance of him, seeing her up-close covering her with a blanket. Driving him insane.

To the third day where he caught her as she was falling from a pull up,  where he saw how majestic any view is as long as she was there. Putting her hands on his face, knowing everything, seeing through him, doing all that just to make him smile.