38

Setting: Robredo Condo

Caesar and Aika went downstairs to get breakfast.

Caesar: Goodmorning po.

Leni: Oh anak, mukhang masarap gising mo ah.

Caesar smiled at her. Yup, he was happy. Happy he got to spent time with her.

Both of them sat down. Aika put some food on his plate and Caesar continued to eat it.

Aika: Masarap ba?

Caesar: Yes! Masarap na masarap.

The Robredos smiled at his remark.

Tricia: Si ate nagluto niyan, wife material diba?

Jill: Naku if natikman mo yung dessert, papakasalan mo na kaagad ate ko.

Aika was blushing with what her sisters were saying. Caesar just smiled but the thought got stuck up in his mind. They continued coversing during breakfast.

After breakfast was done, the two went back to the room as Aika was fixing her stuff while Caesar wait for her.

Caesar thought about marriage. It was a scary topic but as he looked at her. He was certain, he won't hesitate to marry her. He wanted to marry her.

He held her hand, the same hand where he put the ring. He kissed it.

Aika was surprised with what he did. Caesar looked at her eyes and out of nowhere he said.

Caesar: Sa tamang panahon, papakasalan kita Aika.

He said this but on his mind.

Caesar's mind: After I settle everything and come back. I'll bring her to the altar.

Aika, hearing those words,smiled at him. Marrying him is something she wanted as well. She was sure of him and till the last minute she will wait for him, over and over again.

Aika: Till then I'll wait.

As they were conversing, a phone call was heard on Caesar's phone.

Caesar answered.

Jay: Sir, something bad happened!!

Caesar talked with Jay. Aika can hear what they were talking about.

As his face fell to grim, she knew he was now losing everything he has.

Jay: We can't postpone this any longer. You need to go back!

Caesar: two more days

Jay: Sir!

Jay's voice was already stern.

Caesar didn't want to go, he hesitated until he heard her voice.

Aika: Go.

As he heard her, his heart ache. He didn't want to leave her.

Caesar: It's okay. I can just postpone..

Aika: Caesar.

Aika wrapped her hands around him.

Aika: It's okay.

She reached for his lips and kissed him. The last kiss before he leaves.

Aika: Caesar you should go
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and make sure you'll come back to me.

Caesar can see how worried she was but still willing to give her support. He hugged her tight. Wanting to not let go.

Caesar: I promise I'll be back soon.

As she watch him leave, her heart sank. She was left alone in the room. It felt empty without him. But a struck of hope inside her heart made it all better.

Then promise he made that he will come back to her.

No matter how long, she would wait for him.

--------------------------------

2 years have passed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A lot of things happened in a span of 2 years, a lot of memories, happiness and sadness all in a 2 years span.

-----------------------------------
Setting: Batanes

Aika was looking over the cliff. The view was mesmerising just like the one she saw at the Cliff of Mohers.

She can feel the cold breeze on her skin.
She opened her bag and took out the scarf she had.

Covered herself with it. The same scarf she gave him.

As she looked one last time at the view, sadness can be found in her eyes.

Tricia: Ate!!!! Time to go back na.

-----------------------------
The Robredos and Cedrick went back to the hotel.

It was a vacation they planned for Astrid as she was visiting the Philippines.

Astrid arrived at the hotel.

The four noticed and they were all excited to greet her.

After all the greetings, Astrid looked at Aika. She was happy seeing her smile again.

She already moved on. Or she thought so.

Astrid: Aika.

Aika looked at Astrid as she called, then the wind blew a smell she was all too familiar with.

The same smell she was longing for a long time.

A man stood up behind her. She turned back and saw him. The one she loved with all her heart.
.
.
.
.
Caesar
.
.
.
.
.
.

He walked up to her. Stood in front and said
.
.

Caesar: Hello Aika. It's been 2 years. How have you been?
.
..
.
.
Hearing the same voice, Aika at that moment thought about what happened for the past 2 years, she remembered everything.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.

She remembered.
He kept his promise. He did return to her before those two years.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But the problem was.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She didn't keep hers.

---------------------------
Author's POV

So let's just leave it as a cliffhanger muna  kung ano ang nangyari for this episode.

Im sorry hahahahhaa..

But promises huh, they ran deep.
One keeping it while the other person, already let go.

Ano kaya nangyari? 😂😂😂