Chapter five

It's black and blue, "oh baby" I say pained.

Her eyes tears up again as I slowly help her turn around so I can see her back.

The bruises on her back aren't as bad as her ribs but there is this one big big bruise on her.

I gently touch it and she gasps pained while moving away from my hands, "it's okay, it's okay I'm sorry" I rush out.

Her legs they're bad.

On her right there is this big slash and they're covered in bruises too.

Cigarette burn marks litter her delicate skin everywhere.

There are cut marks almost everywhere, most likely done by a knife.

And her whole body is covered in now healed scars.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry that happened to you" I whisper my voice breaking

She turns back around to face me, "I know it's ugly, I'm sorry" she cries.

I shake my head, "no- no baby, it's not ugly. It makes you strong so so fucking strong" I say softly while caressing her cheek.

She slowly nods her head before her face contorts into one of confusion, "what's fucking?" She asks me

My eyes go wide, "nothing! Nothing it's nothing, it's a bad word, never say that okay. That was very bad of me" I rush out.

She giggles a little and nods her head.

I grab a medical kit before walking back to her and I start cleaning and bandaging her injuries.

"What happened when you were living with Carlo?" I ask gently while rubbing some cream on one of her bruises.

She shivers hearing 'Carlos' ' name which I mentally scold myself for.

"I don't know, normal I guess" she says

"Baby, hurting you is not normal, it's illegal, it's abuse" I say softly.

"It is?" She questions confused

My heart clenches pained, "yeah it is" I say once more.

Her lip starts quivering as she tries to swallow down the lump in her throat.

After a few seconds she starts talking again, "I slept in the basement" she tells me.

Anger courses through me mixed with sadness.

I push the anger down once more and save it for when I see Carlo.

Before I can even answer she starts talking again, "I cleaned the house and cooked food for him.......he hurt me, sometimes his friends did too.....there were some books in the basement from sir which I read when I had some free time, that's it." She tells me.

I pull her into a big hug as I finished helping her with her injuries.

"I don't want to cry" she mumbles teary eyed