Book 2 chapter 11

Alessia's POV.

When we arrive at Enzo's house around an hour later a woman in her late 40's quickly hurries out of the front doors.

I look up down at a still sleeping Ace.

I carefully shake him a little to wake him up, "Acey" I whisper softly so I don't startle him awake.

He groans and just cuddles further into me.

"Acey" I try again.

"Mmm?" he mumbles

"We're here" I tell him softly.

He grumbles something incoherent as he tightens his grip on the blanket.

"You have to wake up" I whine softly.

"I'm comfyy" He whines back while drawing out the 'y'.

By now the ambulance has already brought Leo and Asher inside the house. While that elder woman is hugging Enzo gently- motherly.

"Is that woman Enzo's mother?" I ask Ace confused.

He lifts his head for a split second before looking down again, "yeah"

"Oh" I mutter while swallowing.

I didn't know- well I just...I didn't know his mother was still alive. He never told me about his family, apparently he did tell my brothers though. My brothers- well at least Ace has also met that woman before otherwise he wouldn't know who that woman is by just seeing her for a split second from the back.

Ace twists his head in my lap and looks up at me with a small frown on his face, I just give him a small smile in return.

Suddenly his hand disappears and soon I hear the click of his seat belt being opened up.

Before I know it, Ace has gone off of my lap and stepped out of the car.

I follow him with my confused eyes as he opens the door on my side from the outside of the car.

When he's taking off my seatbelt I start talking again, "what're you doing?" I ask him a little confused.

"Getting you out of this car, now more forward a little bit" he tells me softly.

"Why?"

"So I can wrap this blanket around you, it's cold outside" he says gently.

I nod my head and scoot forward when an extreme painful wave burns through me.

I whimper pained as my arm snakes around my stomach which only starts hurting more and more.

"Al hey, come here, lie back down" he breathes out worriedly while he does manage to wrap the blanket around my shoulders.

When I'm no longer sitting sort of upright, he wrap one of his arms under my legs while the other goes under my back.

He carefully lifts me out of the car so he's carrying me.

Even though I'm still in pain, this sort of lying down instead of sitting up hurts much less.

Slowly he starts to walk towards the house, "I'm sorry for hurting you" he whispers.

I look at him confused, "you didn't hurt me, I was the one sitting" I tell him softly.

He doesn't look convinced while he gives me a small kiss on my forehead.

"Acey" I ask him.

"Yeah?" 

"I'm scared" I tell him, honestly raw in my voice.

"Why?"

"I don't want to lose you all" I whisper softly as I feel tears emerge in my eyes.

The tears I've been holding in for weeks.

I can still feel my eyes burning from the smoke.

How my long burned for fresh air.

The excruciating overwhelming pain emotionally and physically.

Knowing that my brothers were dying that there was a chance they were already dead.

Nightmares have been plaguing my sleep every night.

I'm scared no I'm petrified.

Ace lays me down in some bedroom before wrapping his arms around me.

"Don't cry Al, I don't know what to do" he whispers pained and worried.

I just cuddle further into him, "hold me please- just don't leave" I cry.

"Okay, I can do that, I won't leave you baby- I promise" he smiles down at me softly as he hugs me tighter.

Slowly drawing some circles on my back, he whispers me back to sleep.

————

Ace's POV.

Al has been asleep for a few hours now.

Ever since she broke down I've been worrying myself sick about her mental health.

Al was awake in the fire...god, I can't even imagine how petrifying that would be.

No wonder she broke down after bottling everything up for days.

I place a soft kiss on her forehead before I tuck her into the bed.

"I love you Al" I whisper softly before I stand up and I grap some bags that were out in front of the bedroom door.

I open the bags up and find the new clothes and electronics from Al and me.

I start unpacking Al's stuff first, I put all her clothes in the closet and place her electronics om her desk and nightstand in the room.

Soon I'm unpacking my stuff in the room next to Al's and only when I'm finished with everything I go downstairs for some food.

In the kitchen Nick and Enzo are cooking some diner. Well Enzo is cooking, Nick is just watching him mostly while hugging him from behind.

Their laughter dies down as I walk further in the kitchen.

'Al is fine by the way- except for the mental and physical pain she's going through' I mentally spit at them two.

They're here laughing and enjoying life while the rest of the family is suffering in between these walls.

They practically haven't left each other's for weeks even since before the fire.

Nick has been constantly coming here or Enzo comes to us.

I know Al sees Nick as a father figure- hell we all do but before the fire we only saw him every few days with Enzo still at his side.

Sure he was worried for us in the beginning but the second he realized we'd all be okay he turned his back on us again just like before.

Don't get me wrong, I love my brother and I want him to be happy but we need him too.

Especially Al.

She's going to think he's replacing her and now that we're all living together, it's only going to get worse- I can already feel it.

I just walk into the pantry and grap some chips before I walk back upstairs, not sparing them one glance.

I walk back in Al's room with the bag of chips present in my hands.

"You're awake" I startle a little at her now open eyes.

She nods her head as a small smile graces her lips, "I'm sorry" she whispers.

I look down at her with soft eyes, "don't apologize. Now let's watch TV, I've got chips" I say before grins take over both of our faces.