Book 2 chapter 29

Ace's POV.

Alessia fidgets with the edge of her sweater, her gaze fixed on us "Do you really think Dominic has changed?" She asks

Asher sighs, running a hand through his hair. "He's been trying, Sia. But it's hard to know for sure."

"Yeah, I mean, he's been different lately, but it's not easy to forget how things were," I add.

"I know," Al murmurs, the anxiety prominent on her face. "I miss having us all together, but I don't want things to go back to how they were."

Asher placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We won't let that happen, Al. We'll watch out for each other."

"But what if he starts ignoring us again?" Her voice quivers with concern as tears appear in her eyes.

"We'll talk to him," I say as I develop her in a hug. "Let him know how important it is for us to feel like a family again."

"Yeah, and if things start feeling wrong, we'll figure it out together," Asher reassures her.

Alessia manages a small nod, feeling a bit more at ease. "Do you think we can trust him?" She asks after a few minutes of silence.

"It's a tough call," I admit. "But we'll take it step by step. If we give him a chance, maybe things will get better."

"I hope so" she says softly, "so we move back in?" She asks.

"I think so" Asher says softly.

"Let's make a list of what we want things to be like if we move back in. That way, we can talk to Dominic about it and make sure we're all on the same page." I suggest

"Good idea," Asher agrees, taking out a notebook and pen. "Let's start with things we'd like to see change."

Al's face brightens up, "Like more family game nights?"

"Definitely," Ace nods, writing down her suggestion. "And maybe Dominic spending more time with us, like we used to."

"I'd love it if we could have more dinners together," Al adds, a spark of hope in her eyes. "Like when we used to sit and talk about our day."

Asher nodded, scribbling down her words. "That's a good one, Sia. We'll make sure to add that."

"Could we also ask Dominic to listen more?" I suggest, thinking back on how Dominic didn't want to hear Alessia out when all that shit with Anna went down.

"Yeah, like really listen," Al chimes in, her voice hopeful yet cautious.

"Absolutely," I agree. "We'll make sure he understands how important it is for all of us to be heard."

"How about spending more time outside? Like going on hikes or picnics?" I propose, looking around at my siblings.

"Yeah!" Alessia exclaims as her eyes brighten up with excitement.

Asher quickly writes down the suggestion, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "We'll add that to the list too." He says while Silas walks in the room.

"What list?" He asks.

"We're making a list of things that we want when we move back in with Dominic so he doesn't become mean again" Alessia says.

"That's a good idea" Silas comments.

"I know" I smirk

"Do you have any ideas?" Asher asks Silas

"Euhm... How about open communication? Like, if something's bothering us, we should be able to talk about it without anyone getting mad," He suggests.

"I'll write that down" Asher smiles.

"Let's talk to Dominic about this," I say

"We'll make sure to bring it up gently," Asher adds.

— — — — two days later

Dominic is coming over today so we can discuss the topic of moving back in with him and Enzo.

Since Dominic should be arriving in about five minutes and he's always on time we all start gathering around the dining table.

When the doorbell rings I see Alessia who's sitting next to me tense up.

"Al?" I say softly before I starts stroking her back, "it's okay, don't be scared" I smile softly at her.

She reaches out to me so I pick her up as she cuddles into my lap, "he won't get mad right?" She asks.

"I hope not, and if he does than he'll just have to leave" I tell her softly as Dominic enters the room.

All eyes immediately fly to Dominic and Noah as they walk in the room. Sending the tension in the room, Dominic ops for a small smile and a soft 'Hello'.

When they both sit down, Leo starts talking "We've been talking," he begins, "and we want to talk about moving back in."

Dominic's expression shifts, a mix of surprise and hope flickering in his eyes. "I'd love that," he says.

Asher steps in, holding the list tightly in his hands, "But before we do, there are some things we'd like to see change if we're going to move back in." He says while he hand the paper to Dominic.

Dominic takes the list, immediately he starts scanning through all the suggestions. His eyebrows furrowed as he read each one, his demeanor turning contemplative making Al on my lap freeze up again.

I hold her tighter as she cuddles further into me.

Dominic messed up badly and nothing will ever be the same again.

"We missed having you around since you were always gone with Enzo or for work," Cye tells him noticing that Alessia probably wouldn't speak up with Dominic around.

"And more dinners together, like we used to before you left us," Asher adds, a hint of spite in her voice.

Dominic looks up, "I understand," he says softly, his tone genuine. "I'll do my best to make that happen."

"We also want more communication," Noah speaks up, the assertiveness clear in his voice.

"We need to be able to talk about things without anyone getting mad."

"Absolutely," Dominic nods, acknowledging the importance of this conversation. He's aware that everything he does now will decide if we can ever have any sort of relationship again. "I'll work on being more open and listening to all of you." He says.

"And spending more time outside, going on hikes or picnics," I add for Alessia, emphasizing her needs.

"I'd love that," Dominic agrees, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes as he looks at Alessia.

They make eye contact for a second but she immediately looks away as she holds me tighter.

Dominic looks away too when he notices her unease under his gaze. He looks hurt but honestly he deserves it.

"We're not asking for anything drastic," Cye clarifies. "Just a few changes to make things feel more like they used to."

"If you do that we'll move back in" Leo tells him.

Dominic nods, "I'll do everything I can to make it right, I promise."

We all exchange some glances before Noah speaks up again, "alright we'll move back in tomorrow."

Dominic smiles as the happiness fills his heart before we all say our goodbyes and he leaves.

— — — —