Book 2 chapter 27

Noah's POV.

I open the hotel door and we all walk inside again, "This partially explains his behavior" I approach the subject lightly

"No it doens't" Ace practically yells

"Ace-" I start but he cuts me off

"No! I mean sure he's stressed and suffering under the pressure of the mafia but he hurt Alessia. There is no excuse for that. We all swore we'd never hurt her but he-"

"Acey?" Alessia runs up to him.

Ace immediately shuts his mouth as he turns around and picks her up, "hey Al, I missed you" he smiles at her.

She wraps her arms around his body, "I missed you too" she smiles as she rests her head in his neck.

"Can you teach me ho to swim?" She asks him.

"Swim?" I ask

She turns her head in Ace's neck so she can look at me.

"Yeah, I saw it on tv" she grins, "I wanne be a mermaid like Cleo" she smiles

"You're watching H2O?" Silas asks

"Yes, it's amazing! I love it!" She laughs

We smile seeing the joy on her face.

"Alright, I'll teach you how to swim" Ace agrees

— — — — — —

Alright, Al, today's the day you become a mermaid!" Ace announces with a wide grin, his enthusiasm contagious making the rest of us around the pool grin with them.

My munchkin's eyes sparkle with a mix of excitement and nervousness. "But I don't know how to swim."

"Don't you worry," he reassures her, crouching down to her level. "I'll teach you. First, let's start with getting comfortable in the water."

Gently leading her by the hand, he guides her to the pool's edge. With patience and a reassuring tone, he encourages her to dip her toes into the water, easing her gradually into the pool's shallow end.

"Feel the water around your toes. That's good," Ace encourages, his voice soothing. "Now, let's try floating on your back."

With care, Ace demonstrates the floating technique, lying on his back in the water while urging Alessia to follow suit.

While she attempts to mimic his actions he supports her.

"See, you're doing great!" he cheers, his encouragement lifting her spirits.

They progress to the basics of paddling and kicking with Ace guiding her movements and helping her so she doesn't drown.

"Remember, little kicks like this," Ace instructs, demonstrating the proper technique. "And don't forget to paddle with your arms."

"That's it, Al! You're swimming!" He exclaims, a proud smile on his face as he watched her paddle and kick across the pool's width.

As my munchkin reaches the other end of the pool, a triumphant smile spreads across her face. "I did it! I swam!" She screams excited while looking at all of us.

"You sure did!" Silas cheers, while enveloping her in a congratulatory hug. "You're a natural." I yell as the others let out their congratulations.

"You're the best swimming teacher!" Alessia exclaims while wrapping her arms around Ace.

"And you're the best swimmer Al! I'm proud of you" he smiles.

I dive in the water with them where I pick Alessia up, "congrats munchkin" I smile.

"Thank you" she grins.

For the rest of the day we play in the pool even Leo and Ash since they're finally allowed to fully go into water.
— — — —

Alessia's POV.

"I want to go back to school" I tell everyone while I'm eating my fries.

I ignore the looks around the table as I continue talking, "I miss my friends and I want to see them again and you took care of that girl, so I can right?"

"Munchkin-" Noah starts with a sigh in his breath.

"Please" I cut him off while looking at him pleadingly.

He looks at me for a few more seconds before he sighs once more while dropping his head, "alright, you can go back to school" he says softly

Immediately a smile appears on my face, "thank youu!" I yell as I run towards him and hug him.

He wraps his arms around my body while stroking my back.

"Thank you so much Nono" I whisper into his chest.

"You're welcome munchkin" he smiles softly.

After a few more seconds I return to my chair and continue eating my dinner.

— — — —

Noah's POV.

'Meet me at my house in 30' That's the text I received from Dominic around ten minutes ago.

Of course I took this opportunity as I am now on my way to him.

When I arrive at the house, I immediately go inside where I'm greeted with Dominic.

"We need to talk," he speaks first.

"Look Dominic, we want to understand. Something's been bothering you, and even though you've been acting like a complete jackass and Alessia will probably never want to speak with you again, we want to help. So my only question right now is why?"

Dominic sighs loudly as his shoulders sag, "I've been distant because... I've been afraid."

"Of what?" I ask confused

"Everything-" he starts, "The pressures I face, the dangers that surround us... I've been trying to protect you all, but in doing so, I pushed you away," he confesses, his voice strained with emotion.

"The little free time I had, I spent with Enzo and I'm sorry for that. I got caught up in my love and I just-... I'm sorry" he says, "I've been so consumed with my own problems, I didn't see how much it was hurting everyone else."

I just nod.

"I'll make things right." He promises.

"You're going to have to try very hard to earn our forgiveness- especially Alessia's if she's even willing" I tell him.

"Do you think Alessia will ever forgive me?" He asks

"I don't know Dominic, you pushed her away, you yelled at her... for gods sake you scared her so much that she got a panic attack from you" I raise my voice at the end.

More regret fills his eyes, "oh god" I mumbles under his breath as his voice breaks, "what have I done?"

"C-..can you ask her if she wants to speak with me-" he starts but I cut him off,

"Dominic- I don't think-" I start when he cuts me off.

"- please Noah I'm begging you, I need to at least try and fix it"

I think about it for a minute before I make my decision, "alright I'll ask her, but if she says no than it's a no- okay"

"Okay"