Book 2 chapter 15

Ace's POV.

"No- no no..." I cry out softly as I slowly start to walk to Asher's room.

I've always had a fear for thunder but when we got kidnapped and we were being tortured... Well when we were there, there was thunder constantly. Because of that my fear and anxiety for thunder and lightening only got much much worse.

I finally arrive at Asher's door and start knocking on it rapidly as the fear in me only rises more and more.

I open the door when Asher groans out a 'come in'.

I start to feel a little faint as I close the door behind me.

"Asher-" I whimper, my breathing has escalated too much to finish my sentence.

"Ace? what's wrong?" He questions but soon realizes what's happening when another thunderbolt crashes in the sky and my eyes squeeze shut.

"Come here" He says softly as he sits himself up more while a pained sounds escapes his lips by moving his leg.

Flashback:

The only act of acknowledgement I get is a big hit to my face while Asher gets dragged inside and hung up from the ceiling.

"Now tell me; where can I find-"

"I don't know!" I cut him of screaming as the thunder rumbles in the background

I get stabbed in my leg not even a second later

- end flashback

My breathing quickens even more as my vision becomes double.

My eyes widen as I lose my balance, "He-..they- they hurt you" I whimper as my eyes dart around the room, trying to make sense of what I'm seeing.

I don't know what's real or not.

What's happening? I'm scared

"D-don't hurt him" I whimper as my legs give out from underneath me.

"no-nn-..no no stop" I freak out more and more.

Flashback:

"Don't hurt him!" Asher screams out loudly begging

"THEN ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION" the man screams out loudly laughing a little.

He's enjoying this.

With the next thunderbolt in the distance, a big crack echoes through the room which lands on Asher's back.

Another scream leaves his lips while more thunder crashes.

- Flashback end

A hand brings me back to reality the next time, "Ace, it's alright. We're safe, come here" Asher says softly

"He's here" I cry out, "He's coming to hurt us again" I continue

"No he's not, he's death remember? He can't hurt us anymore. I promise you don't have to worry. I'm here with you, you're safe." Ash tells me while wrapping his arms around my body

"I-..I'm sorry, I don't- I don't know what's happening. What's wrong with me?" I cry pained as I shut my eyes tightly.

"Nothing's wrong with you, you're just having some anxiety" he reassures, "but let's get out yeah- come, tell me something you see"

I look around shaking my head which only makes my already escalated breathing increase.

"I can't- I can't see anything...I'm scared Ash- I'm really scared please help me- please please I'm sorry, I'm so sorry-"

"Yes you can, just take a deep breath you'll make it out of this. Just try to breathe slowly for a couple of seconds then after that you'll just open your eyes and tell me what you see okay?" He asks

"Mhm" I clutch my chest tighter when the pressure on it only expands.

"Alright slowly, breathe in" He instructs, "I-..I'm trying, it's..it's not working" I sob fearfully.

"Yes you can together yeah. In....and out, see, again. In... and out" We keep doing this a couple of times before he instructs me to open my eyes again.

Slowly I do what he says and open my eyes as tears start to flow out quickly.

I come face to face with Ash who has a worried look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" I cry softly as my breathing slows down a little more and I crush him into an embrace.

"you're alright, it's okay. Let's get to bed, yeah? Come here" He says softly while getting up and taking my hand.

I nod and crawl into bed.

As more thunder sounds in the distance I reach out for my twin's hand with a flinch.

"You're safe, calm down. We're okay, I'm here. I'll protect you-always"

----- the next morning

Asher's POV.

I open my eyes when the sun hits my face.

A small groan leaves my mouth when I stretch out my arms and legs before I look to my right where Ace is sleeping.

The thunder has luckily stopped by now just like the lightening and rain.

His eyes are slightly swollen from all the crying and even now when he's asleep his face is all scrunched up like he's in pain.

My heart hurts seeing my twin- my other half like this.

It was like he was back there all over again, being tortured and hurt.

He's being haunted by our past.

I look away and grab my phone from my nightstand to look at the time.

6:48 am

We'll have to get up to get ready for school in around 12 minutes.

I groan annoyed before I check my instagram.

Ever since the fire my instagram has been fully covered in people giving us strength and support. And you know it was sweet at first but now it's just a little annoying to be honest. It just keeps reminding me of that night and the trauma. The excruciating pain in my leg as the doctor kept removing that dead skin...it hurt so much. It was like torture. How the pain never eased not even with the painkillers. I-

"Asher?" Ace mutters sleepily making an end to my daydreaming

I close my phone and turn myself to him, "Hey, you okay?" I ask, a little worry seeping in.

"Euhm yeah, what happened?" He asks confused

I wonder if I should tell him about his flashback or not. What if it does more harm than good? But we're always honest with each other, I have to tell him.

"There was a storm last night, you had a flashback." I answer him honestly

His face twists into one of guilt, "Oh I'm sorry for waking you up and bothering you" He apologises quickly, full of guilt

"No, Ace, don't..don't apologise. It's not your fault. I love you Ace, I'd do anything for you, you can always come to me just like I know I can always come to you. You're my brother, my other half Ace, never and I mean never ever think that you are bothering me. You understand?" I ask

He looks at me for a few seconds, trying to look for anything that's not the truth. But when he realises that there isn't anything but the truth in my words he slowly lowers his head while closing his eyes.

"Okay" He says eventually

"Good"