Book 2 chapter 13

Alessia's POV.

When the bell for lunch finally rings, the class immediately starts packing up their stuff.

I push myself up from my chair, not having enough strength to do it any other way.

"Alessia can you stay behind please" the teacher- miss. Smith calls out.

Luca sends me a worried glance but I just give him a big smile, "it's okay, I'll see you after in the cafeteria." I tell him.

He nods his head while smiling at me before giving me a gentle hug and leaving with the others.

I sit down again, being in too much pain while I'm standing up.

I start packing my bag while miss. Smith walks closer to my seat.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened and that if you're not capable to make any assignments or tests, we can postpone them for a while until you are." She says softly while crouching down next to the table I'm sitting at.

I nod my head as I finish up packing, 'thank you miss. but I think I can handle making them." I tell her.

I don't want to get behind on work, I really don't.

She nods her head, as a comforting smile rests on her lips, "alright honey, just know that the offer stands and that I'm here for you, now go grab something to eat, I'll see you later" She says softly.

I nod my head, "thank you, enjoy your meal" I tell her while smiling and getting up as I throw my backpack on my shoulders.

I almost fall over from the sudden heavily weight on my back as I hide the extreme pain that flows through me.

"you too!" she smiles brightly and closes the door behind me.

As soon as I'm out of sight, I slump against the wall, grabbing onto it tightly so I don't fall down.

God, it hurts.

It hurts so much.

My hand tightly pushes against my hurting stomach as a small chocked sob escapes my lips.

I close my eyes but despite that, tears still flow out.

I wipe them away as much as I can when I suddenly hear footsteps behind me.

Suddenly I'm grabbed tightly by my upper arm that had been pushed against me.

I look up shocked, the tears stopping.

Anna- she's a girl in my class.

"can you let me go please?" I ask a little confused with her angry face and behavior.

Suddenly she starts dragging me down the hall to the female bathroom where she pushes me into.

I gasp while crying out in pain when she pushes me against the wall.

"what're you doing?" I ask getting a little mad, "you can't just push me around like that"

She ignores me completely, "give me your lunch money" She states.

I look at her shocked, "no" I tell her.

She looks at me baffled that I'm not listening to her.

"Give me your money" she grits through her teeth, while coming closer to me.

"no" I say again.

If looks could kill, I'd be six feet under.

I try to walk past her when she suddenly punches me on my still healing surgery wound.

I gasp loudly pained as I fall to the ground, feeling a few of my now ripped stitches start to bleed.

More gasps leave my mound as more pain starts to push me to my limits.

Anna bends down a little, "where is your money" she demands.

I don't answer as I'm trying to stop myself from screaming out in pain.

She kicks me in my side making me only cry out more in pain and misery.

"where!" she yells

"ba-backp-..ack" I gasp feeling blood start to soak my T-shirt underneath my hoodie.

"Don't tell anyone about this or you'll regret it" She spits out.

She immediately starts going through it before leaving when she has what she wants.

I crawl over to one of the toilets to grab some paper which I quickly push against my bleeding self.

-------

Limping over to the cafeteria I try my best in hiding my pain.

A few tables further from where my friends are seated, Anna is eating lunch with hers.

I decide to ignore her looks and sit beside Lucas like always.

I lay my head on his shoulder after I greet everyone, "you okay?" he asks me, "you look pale" he continuous.

"My wounds just hurt a little" I tell him, knowing he wouldn't believe my lies.

He gives me an apologetic small smile as he nods his head while slowly wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I close my eyes while I lean into his touch, "where's your lunch?" he asks me.

"forgot money" I mumble softly.

I can practically feel his frown radiating off of him, "here" he says while handing me half of his sandwich.

"you have to eat" I tell him

"so do you and I ate already" he tells me

"but-" I start

"if you don't eat it, it'll land in the trash" he says

"fine" I mumble, "but I'm paying you back" I tell him

"no you're not" he says

"yes I am" I inform him while taking the sandwich and I start eating from it as my other hands keeps pressing the paper towels against my still bleeding wounds.

No one can find out about this- especially my brothers, they would only pull me out of school again to help me heal and stuff which I don't want.

------

Ace, Ash and Cye are already awaiting me in front of the school when the long day is finally over.

When my eyes meet Acey's, I say goodbye to my friends and start walking to him.

I try my best in walking quickly to him as I ignoring the screaming pain.

When I reach him, he immediately picks me up as I throw my arms around him.

"I missed you" I mumble into his neck.

"I missed you too Al, so so much" he smiles as he hugs me tightly while making sure he's not hurting me.

I shut my eyes tightly, finally feeling more safe as I'm once again in the arms of my brother.