Book 2 chapter 17

Alessia's POV.

'No' is what immediately comes to mind but I don't say it out loud.

"Do we have to?" I ask while holding him tightly.

"Of course we have to, I need to make sure you're okay munchkin" he explains.

"But it's healing well" I try to reason.

"Why can't I look at your stomach?" Nono questions confused as his eyebrow starts to raise.

"Why is only one of your eyebrows going up?" I question, trying to change the topic.

"That doesn't work with me little girl, now tell me why I can't look at your stomach" he says with a stern tone.

My chest starts to feel tight again as panic fills me.

I need to leave

I need to go

Run? I could run

"I'm sorry" I whisper before I quickly get up and dash out of the room.

— — — —

Silas' POV.

"Morning Leo" I smile at my brother as I burst through the door.

He looks up from the tv as a small smile appears on his face, "morning Silas" he greets me back.

"How're you doing?" I ask a little worried while I look at his bandage covered torso.

He groans a little in pain while he pushes himself up a little, "peachy" he jokes

"No seriously?" I worry a little

My big brothers needs to be okay.

"I'm good Silas, way better then before" he answers truthfully.

His burns have been healing very well.

"Alright that's good- how's your gi-" I start when Alessia flies in the room.

Her face is pale but red at the same time and Jesus, why is she breathing so fast.

Her head twists to look at me and the way she's looking at me...I nearly break down.

She looks horrified- petrified even.

"I'm sorry- I..I'm really sorry, please don't hurt me" she whimpers out terrified.

I make eye contact with Leo who just reflects the same haunted look that's in my eyes.

"Baby, come here. No one's going to hurt you" Leo whispers softly while tilting up his arm.

"No- no no you are, I broke one of the rules. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry..I-..oh no" she draws in a shaky breath as the tears just keep flowing down her face.

"Les we're not going to hurt you, you're safe here with us. I promise you that" I tell my little sister.

"I'm really sorry" she cries softly