Book 2 chapter 9

Alessia's POV.

"Thank you Enzo" I smile at him as he hands me some homemade lasagna.

He gives me a kiss on the head as his smile only grows, "you're welcome kid" he says before sitting down next to flower and everyone starts eating.

Enzo cut my food since I can't do it anymore with one of my arms wrapped in a cast so I can eat easily by myself.

I start eating as my mind starts to wander.

Tomorrow we're all going home- well to Enzo's house.

I'm really excited for that.

I can't wait to get out of this hospital.

I can't do anything, when I woke up the doctors told me that I was on bed rest.

That was last week.

I just want to walk around and do things.

But I know I can't complain.

Ash and Leo are in a worse condition then me, they won't be able to walk for I don't know how long with their burns.

When I'm finished with my food the nurse comes in the room so she can change my bandages again.

She starts with everything on my head.

I grit my teeth together as she disinfects my head wounds.

"The stitches are ready to come out of your head wounds and cheek" she announces.

I give her a weak smile, fearful for the pain that I'll face.

"Don't worry, you'll barely feel it" the older woman says softly as she grabs some tweezers and what more.

I nod my head a little awkwardly as reaches with the supplies towards my head.

Immediately I start to move away with my head and she just continuous to follow me with her supplies.

"honey, could you hold still for me please?" she asks gently.

I look at her for a few seconds as I breathe out a nervous chuckle, "s-sure" I stammer over my words.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Noah walk closer to me.

He takes my hand in his as he comes to sit next to me, "you're alright munchkin. Like the nurse said, it won't hurt that much. I'm here with you okay, you can do this" he says softly while stroking the back of my hand.

"promise?" I ask nervously

He nods his head, "yes I promise sweet girl" he smiles at me

I nod my head as I grip his hand tightly.

"okay" I whisper as I slowly and gently place my head back against the pillow not making any fast moves since they hurt my head rather quickly because of the head wounds.

I keep looking at Nono for reassurance as the nurse starts pulling at the stitches.

A whimper escapes my lips as a throbbing headache starts to take over almost immediately and a sharp pain shoots throughout my head.

My grip on Nono's hand tightens as I shut my eyes against the bright lights above my head, hoping it'll lessen my pain.

"shh just breathe munchkin, you're okay" Nono smiles softly as he continues to stroke my hand in comfort.

I mumble something inaudible in response as I squeeze my eyes even tighter shut.

Suddenly I feel some blood roll down my face from my head wound.

"Why am I bleeding?" I choke out nervously- fearfully.

The stitches were put there so my skin stayed close so..so well the nurse said that the stitches were ready to come out so that should mean that my skin is closed right? Then- Then why is it bleeding?!

My heart beats loudly in my throat as I hear the heart monitor speed up in the background.

"hey-hey baby- calm down, you're okay. It's normal for it to bleed a little. You're removing those stitches that were in your skin before- you're alright, it's normal I promise. Now can you take a deep breath for me please. Yes, just like that- good job. I'm proud of you, just keep breathing" Nono calms me down slowly.

"I don't like this" I voice out making sure to keep my eyes shut so the tears don't come out.

I just want all of this to be over again.

I want to go home and cuddle with my brothers as we watch Tinkerbell and eat ice cream and drink Flower's special chocolate milk.

"I know munchkin, everything will be normal soon again. We'll be leaving the hospital before you know it." Nono answers as the nurse finally starts with the cut on my cheek.

Pulling the stitches out of my cheek doesn't hurt as much as it did with the head wound.

However it does hurt so I do keep squeezing my brother's hand tightly.

Soon the nurse moves on to clean the cut the surgeon made on my stomach.

The scar is bigger then I thought it was.

It's almost as big as my stomach itself.

I stop looking at the scar as bad feelings start to kick in and look outside.

It's not much of a view though, it's just the other building of the hospital.

Oh okay, there is a woman giving birth.

My eyes widen and I quickly look away to the left side of the room instead the right and am now staring at a picture of a dolphin.

A whimper escapes my lips once more when a sudden painful feeling burns on my stomach, probably from disinfecting the wound.

"you're okay, just breathe, you're doing great" Nono smiles softly while pressing a soft kiss to my forehead.

"cuddles please?" I ask him when the nurse finally finishes up re-bandaging everything.

He smiles down at me before he nods his head, soon he's lying next to me before he wraps his arm around my body and he gently pulls me closer so my head's lying on his chest.

Almost immediately he starts running his fingers through my hair as he start muttering some comforting words.

Rather quickly my eyes start to get heavy as sleep starts to take over.

-------