Book 2 chapter 22

Alessia's POV.

It's been a week since Nono patched up my head and a few days since the cast on my arm was allowed to be taken off.

Apparently I couldn't really stand because I was too exhausted or something. I don't really know but yeah.

Even though I'm not allowed to see anyone in school except for in classes, Anna still finds a way to see me daily.

She keeps hurting me and taking my lunch money so I can't eat while I'm in school.

I haven't really seen Dominic lately except for at dinner sometimes. I don't dare look at him though.

He scared me.

I don't think he minds though.

He doesn't try to talk to me, he's with Enzo now.

Every day after school I need to go to the room I'm staying in.

Luckily my brothers come to keep me company by sneaking in since well..Dominic forbid anyone from seeing me.

But since Dominic is watching them closely, they can't come see me too often so I just sit here lying in the bed in horrible pain.

He even made Nono teach me how to dress my incision so he can't come hang out with me.

Which I guess has it advantages since Nono isn't able to see the bruises on my body this way.

My ribs are black and blue just like my stomach.

Because of the beatings I've been getting from Anna my incision hasn't been healing that well- it kind of stopped.

I really want Anna to stop but the last time I tried to stop her I only got hurt more.

I don't want to get hurt more.

She constantly hurts me even though I give her the money.

I'm really tired of it.

"Alessia hon, can you answer the question please?" My teacher asks me.

I look up a little confused, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear the question" I mutter apologetic.

She looks at me pretty concerned.

It's probably because my hair is a little mess, some bags have appeared under my eyes and my clothes are starting to become lose.

My appetite has been disappearing and my motivation is just gone.

I don't want to do anything anymore.

I've just been feeling so lonely lately.

And sad.

"Well I asked you who the first President of the United State was?" My teacher says.

Oh euhm.

"I-..I don't know. I'm sorry" I whisper

"Honey are you sure you're okay? We went over this yesterday" she asks.

No "Mhm" I mutter.

She keeps looking at me for a few more seconds before she starts talking again, "Anna do you know the answer?"

"Yes I do miss, it was George Washington." She beams with a wide smile.

How is it possible that I feel like I'm dying and she's just there feeling like the best and happiest person on earth. 

I turn away and lay my head on my desk.

I used to be so good in school, I don't know what went wrong.

— — — —

A driver escorts me from my classroom to the car.

The driver changes everyday so I don't get attached to the person- they aren't allowed to talk to me either.

When we reach the house my brothers are standing next to the door like every day- since it's the only time we ever get to really see each other. Except for during dinner but I'm not allowed to talk there and I have to sit at the end of the table which means I don't even hear the conversations that are going around. Well the only people that actually talk are Dominic and Enzo. The others stay quiet like me.

My brothers look at me worriedly as I walk inside while the driver immediately escorts me to the bedroom I'm staying in.

Once I'm in the room I divert my eyes to the ground so I can't look at Buddy.

He's sitting in the corner of this room- I really want to hug him and have him with me but he just reminds me of Dominic now.

I just walk to the bed and lay down.

I don't want to do my homework.

I don't feel good.

My body hurt everywhere from the daily beatings I'm getting from Anna.

I just want it all to stop.

Tears slowly roll down my cheeks onto the sheets.
— — — —

Leo's POV.

"Noah, you have to stop this. You have to talk to Dominic- this is killing her" I tell him.

"Don't you think I know that. I've tried daily to stop this from going any further but Dominic isn't listening- he just wants to be with Enzo. I can't do anything" he says as we all see our little precious sister get escorted away by yet another driver.

"She's hurting- we have to do something, we need to take her out of this house." Silas suggests.

"I agree" Asher and Ace say at the same time

Noah sighs, "we'll get into big trouble if Dominic finds out about this" he mutters.

"We know" we all say at the same time.

...

"Alright, you go grab your stuff for school and electronics, a car and get in, Silas you'll take Alessia out of here while I distract the guard. Leave immediately, I'll catch up" Noah plans.

We all nod our heads and immediately head out to the garage.

— — — — 

Silas' POV.

I hide behind a wall as Noah starts walking in the hallway.

Suddenly he falls down which actually looks like it hurt.

The guard at Alessia's door immediately rushes towards him while I run quietly to her room.

I open the door and the sight before me breaks my heart.

Alessia's lying on her bed with silent tears slowly sliding down her face wetting her pillow.

"Oh Les" I mumble softly as I rush towards her but not before I close the door behind me.

She looks up and the pain in her eyes nearly makes me fall to the ground.

She doesn't say anything as she continues to stare at me with a broken but numb look in her eyes.

Eventually she does open her mouth when I grab her school bag and put it around my shoulders, "what are you doing?" She asks confused- her voice sounding broken.

"We're leaving- come here" I say quickly before I pick her up.

She immediately groans pained, "what's wrong- are you hurt?" I worry as I leave the room with my little sister in my arms.

I see Noah still lying on the ground with the guard in front of him- his back pointed to us.

He sees me but continues to act while I rush down the stairs and into the garage where everyone but Noah is already seated in cars with some of our stuff in.

"I'm okay" she says softly.

I look at her with suspicion but don't focus on it right now- when we're out of here we'll have a big talk.

I put my little sister in the car before I sit down in the drivers seat, and drive out of the garage.