Book 2 chapter 14

Alessia's POV.

Ash presses a kiss to my head as he balances himself with the crutches he's holding.

"Hey Sia, how's was school?" He asks me.

I tense up a little before relaxing once more when Ace starts rubbing my back.

"Mostly okay" I tell him the truth knowing I can't lie to my brothers.

"What do you mean Les?" Cye asks as he takes me from Ace and places me on his hip.

I shrug my shoulders as I snuggle up to him, "work was boring" I tell him which is true but it wasn't- isn't the only thing that's bothering me the constant pain reminds me of it.

He chuckles softly as he rubs my back and we start walking to the car.

I hold Cye tightly not wanting to let go of him.

He sits down in the car with me on his lap as the driver starts driving us to Enzo's place.

"You okay love?" Cye asks me softly.

I shut my eyes tightly as I feel relief wash over me now that we're driving away from school- away from Anna.

She scared me.

She really did.

After lunch she kept glancing and looking at me angrily- like I'm the one in fault.

I haven't felt so scared in a long time, I had forgotten how it had felt to know someone could hurt you at any moment.

"Yeah" I mutter, swallowing the brick in my throat.

I quickly make a smile appear on my face when I note the worried looks my brothers are giving each other.

"Is Flower home?" I ask Ace who is sitting next to me while I cuddle deeper into Cye as he starts rubbing my back.

I love my brothers very very much and I would do anything for them even die but I really need a hug from Flower after what happened today.

My heart cracks a little when I see the look on Ace's face, "no I'm sorry Al"

"Oh well where is he?" I ask further when he doesn't give me more information.

"Well euhm..he's on a date with Enzo." He tells me as a little bit of resentment flickers in his eye.

Oh

Well that's fine I guess.

I nod my head as I close my eyes a little, " I'm tired" I mutter.

"Go to sleep Les, I'll take care of you" Cye smiles softly down at me while Ash drapes a blanket on my back trapping me in a warm comfy bundle.

"I love you" I mumble sleepily while I close my eyes as my brothers repeat the words back to me.

I'm really tired.

Now that the stitches have ripped because of Anna, I don't really know what to do.

Noah is going to have to take care of my wounds later today which means he will see that the stitches have opened up.

I can't let that happen. If Anna finds out she'll hurt me again and I don't want that.

My brothers can't know about this, they'll pull me out of school again and I don't want that to happen.

I want to be in school with my friends and learn things and I get to play all day long- I don't want that to end.

I'll just have to keep this from them, it's not like this is going to happen again- is it?

————

Silas' POV.

Les' breathing soon evens out as she falls asleep but that doesn't stop me from stroking her back up and down.

I place a soft kiss on top of her head as she snuggles further into my chest.

I can see through the act she's putting up, she's clearly sad about the fact that we practically never see Nick anymore.

Like of course I'm glad that Nick has Enzo and that he has found his great love, what I'm not glad about it the fact that he has left us while doing so.

He has almost completely turned his back towards us.

He's always with Enzo, day and night.

The only time we see him is at dinner well that only is when he isn't on another date with with Enzo. But when he is with us during dinner he's constantly talking with Enzo.

I know it's bad to feel this way especially when the only thing he's ever done is take care of us but...

Nick is more than just a big brother, he's a parent- our only parent and he has been for years.

I can take it- the being left behind as our brother moves forward and into a next chapter in his life. It's not me I'm worried about, I'm worried about the rest of my siblings. Especially the twins and Alessia.

_____

Ace's POV.

I shriek awake as a loud growl rumbles in the distance. My chest rises up and down at a fast pace.

Oh god no

My breathing quickens as sweat starts covering my body.

Asher- I need Asher

I stumble out of my bed, well temporary bed and rush to the door at a quick pace.

"A..sh-" I mumble as my hands shake.

When another crash of thunder sounds in the distance I stumble over my feet.

"N-no" I cry out as my heart starts pounding even faster in my chest.

Another thunderbolt sounds when I finally pull myself up again and open my door.

A whimper leaves my lips as a flashback starts to take over.

Flashback:

I have been stuck in this chair for I don't even know how long.

My ankles and wrist burn as the rope cuts through my flesh.

Tears burn in my eyes as another hit comes down on my thighs.

I scream loudly as my skin cracks open and red liquid streams out of my body once more.

"P-please stop- I don't know anything" I cry out

"Maybe you need a little more motivation. Bring the other one in!" The man yells

What? no

No

No

No

"Don't please- don't hurt him" I cry out begging

- Flashback ends