Book 2 chapter 3 / Bonus chapter part 3

Ace's POV.

I've been lying in this stupid bed for hours, waiting on news about my family.

It's driving me out of my mind.

Vincenzo is sitting next to me, trying to keep his cool but even a two year old can see that he's all but that.

He's anxiously biting his nails, while trying to calm me down from my fear of losing the people I love.

I got away lucky the doctor told me.

Does that mean that the rest is extremely hurt? Because that's the only thing I can now think about.

I just had some smoke in my lungs and some weird drug that put us all unconscious in my system as well.

It was- is probably in the others too, except for Nick.

It was extremely stupid of him to go in that fire but I can't be mad at him for that. He saved us all- he saved my twin, Alessia and the others.

Everything has been destroyed.

It hurts to think about.

That everything is gone, the place I grew up in, made memories in, the place I reunited with my sister in and so much more.

I know we will be able to afford a new house, but that doesn't take the pain from the sentimental value away.

Suddenly the doors of the big private hospital room where for these past few hours, only I had been in open.

Noah and Silas get wield in and immediately Enzo stand up.

I sit up straight, wanting to get out of this bed but Enzo pushes me back down, "you'll rip the needle out-" he starts but I cut him off.

"How are they!?" I rush out quickly as the beds with the still unconscious Noah and Silas get put in their place.

Since we are not in the hospital part in one of the warehouses, we have a significantly smaller room at the real hospital.

Our house burned down and there are injured in our family, it will not be long before the press knows this which is why we're in a real hospital.

They would ask too many questions about where we are being treated otherwise.

Noah and Silas both get put on one side of me, Silas left, Noah right.

"Why the fuck does he have a breathing tube down his throat!" I burst out at the sight of Silas.

The nurse cowers as she looks away in fear.

What the fuck!?

I'm 15.

I swear to god these stupid fucking people, "answer me!" I yell.

"Sir- he uhm...he stopped breathing because of all the smoke that was in his lungs, that's- that's why he needs a breathing tube" she stutters.

"When does it get taken out?" I ask a little calmer.

"When he wakes up and is able to breathe on his own" she says.

I nod my head, "what about Noah?" I question.

"He will be okay as well, the bruises on his body will clear up and the few broken ribs will heal as well. There was a lot of sedation in his body but there will be no permanent damage. Excuse me" she hurries out the room.

Bruises!?

What the fuck.

Who hurt him?

And sedation- someone fucking drugged my brother.

"Calm down Ace, he will be okay." Enzo speaks up.

"Okay!?- he was fucking drugged and beaten- when did this happen?! And don't even get me started on the fact that there is a fucking tube in Silas his body so he doesn't die! They are not okay!" I cry out, "why-?..who did this?" I whisper as my voice breaks, "who hurt my family?" My voices raises a little.

Enzo opens his mouth to answer me but stops when the hospital doors abruptly get opened up again.

Asher!

Oh my god his leg is wrapped in bandages.

I pull the stupid needle out of my arm, not caring about the blood or pain as I quickly hurry out of this uncomfortable bed.

I ignore the burn in all my muscles the doctor warned me about before as I hurry to my twin.

He gets pushed opposite to my bed, "why is his leg wrapped?" I ask afraid to touch him.

What if I hurt him?

"His leg has second degree burns from the fire, just like with you the sedation in his system won't have permanent damage" the doctor tells me.

I nod my head as I focus all my attention back to my twin.

————

Leo and Nick have been brought in this room around ten minutes ago.

Leo his stomach has second degree burns and Nick his arm has third degree burns and just like with the rest of us, the sedation won't have permanent damage, nor will the smoke from the fire.

Even now that I know all my brothers are alive and will recover, I can't help but still worry greatly.

Alessia is still not here with us.

I saw her, when the house went up in flames so I know she didn't explode with the house or went up in smoke with it.

I know Nick found her and she made it to the hospital but still...I can't..

What if she dies?

I've never...

I don't think I can handle her dying.

I turn to Enzo who's sitting next to Nick, "did...did everything go up in smoke?" I ask him.

He looks at me, "probably, I don't know. I can go look tomorrow at what's left of the house, to see if there are things that survived. Why?" He asks.

"Alessia her stuffed animal- she brings that old thing everywhere. We can't...it'll break her heart if it's gone forever." I tell him.

Realization crosses his features, "I'll pay close attention to finding it when I'm looking" he tells me.

I nod my head as I mutter a small thank you before I turn back to my still sleeping twin.

Slowly I lay my head next to his body, with our hands still folded in each other before I let sleep take over.