Book 2 chapter 6 / Bonus chapter part 6

Silas' POV.

Alessia keeps screaming in pain as I can't help but watch in horror.

She starts sobbing while clutching her stomach tightly.

"Hey- hey princess, I need you to tell me watch wrong, otherwise I can't help you" Nick says softly while placing his hand on her cheek to keep her from moving around too much with her injuries.

"M-my stomach" she cries out

"I'm going to lift your T-shirt okay" he says softly

She nods her head as tears roll down her cheeks.

Nick takes the covers off of her body before he lifts her gown.

Oh god.

Her stomach....

It's red and black, it's more then a bruise.

Just then doctors and nurses rush in the room.

"Oh princess" Nick mutters while looking at her stomach.

"It hurts" she cries as the doctor becomes closer to her side.

Nick takes Les' hand in his.

"I'm going to need to touch your stomach okay" the doctor says while lifting his hands.

Les doesn't acknowledge him other then giving him a small okay.

Nick leans down a little while Alessia leans into him.

He starts whispering shooting words as the doctor presses on Les' stomach.

Her pained cries echo throughout my head.

"She's having an internal bleeding, we need to get her to surgery now" the doctor says hurriedly before he turns to a nurse, "go prep on OR" the doctor demands before she leaves the room.

"How did you miss this" Nick demands.

"I-..I don't know, I apologize, but we have to go now" he says.

The nurses start doing all these things to the machines around Les as she just wraps her arms around Nick.

Nick starts talking to her as Alessia looks more and more relieved by what he's saying.

Soon nurses are hurrying her out of the hospital room for surgery.

————

'The surgery was a succes' is the first thing the doctor says when he returns to our hospital room after we'd been waiting for hours on news of our little sister.

My shoulders immediately sag in relief as I share some happy looks with my brothers.

"What's wrong- there's something you aren't telling us" Nick observes making me- us still again.

"I'm sorry but we don't know when Alessia will wake up again" the doctor says to us all.

"What do you mean!?" I call out, frustration coursing through my body.

"I-..I'm sorry but your sister is in a coma" he says softly.

Coma..

Coma

She's in a coma.

Alessia is in a coma.

My baby sister-

She's....asleep?

For like.. an undetermined amount of time.

...

Why?

Why does she keep going through all this shit!?

Fuck!

Shit- double fucking shit!!

The hospital doors open and immediately Alessia gets wield in the room.

My little Les.

I stand up on wobbly legs and immediately walk to her bed.

I take her hand in mine, not wanting to hurt her more since she just had surgery by hugging her.

I place a small kiss on her head before I pull the blanket higher on her so she doesn't get cold.

Alessia gets cold a lot.

She always wears a big hoodie from me and the others when we're home to warm her up.

Maybe I should bring her one of-...never mind.

The house burned down..

Oh god the house burned down

I look up from staring at Les, "Nick?" I whisper.

He looks up worriedly, hearing the pain in my voice.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" He asks quickly.

"w-where are we going to go after all this?" I ask him while looking everywhere but him.

He looks conflicted on how to answer for a few seconds before he says, "I don't really know yet Silas, we'll probably stay at Enzo's house for a while as ours gets rebuild" he tells us just as Enzo walks in the room with Buddy.

Thank the lord that thing is still alive- well whole I guess.

He walks to us and places it on Les' chest.

"It had a few tears so the maids fixed it before washing it up as well" Enzo starts as we all give him some grateful nods.

"The documents in the safe room were saved as well as some other minor things" he continues.

We all give him some grateful nods as he makes his way over to Nick.

They both sit on his hospital bed as they start talking to each other.

————

It's been a few days since Alessia got put into a coma and the doctors are starting to talk about the fact that we can go home.

I don't know where home is anymore honestly but I don't want to leave Alessia.

I want to stay with my baby sister.

The last few days I haven't left her side unless I had to shower or something, just like the others.

We're all just huddled up close around her bed except for Ash and Leo who have to stay in bed but have been watching her as well.

Nick has been making preparations with some architect and stuff to rebuild the house, he's been wanting us to make a list of what things we want in it like a pool, library and that kind of stuff.

Alessia hasn't started with her list yet since she's still asleep.

We bought clothes and new electronics online, over the last few months while Les has been with us we got to know her taste in clothes so we bought some for her too.

Yesterday I set her electronics up, luckily everything was saved in the cloud.

Nick called the parents of Les' friends since her friends had been texting her that they were worried about her since they heard what happened on the news. So the parents could tell their kids that she's in a coma which is why she wasn't answering her texts.

I just really want her to wake up.

I keep distracting myself with all of these stupid things just so I don't keep dwelling on the fact that it could be years before I hear that sweet girl's voice again.