Book 2 chapter 28

Noah's POV.

"Nono!" My little munchkin exclaims when I arrive back at the apartment, "I missed you!" She yells.

I pick her up with equal excitement and starts twirling us around, "I missed you too munchkin!" I grin before I pepper kisses all over her face.

"Where were you?" She asks as I walk us to the kitchen.

Knowing that we never lie to her I decide to tell her the truth, "I went to see Dominic" I tell her as I put her down on the counter and grab two bowls.

She stills a little before she relaxes again, "why?" She asks, "is he nice again?" She asks hopefully

"I-... he's becoming better- Turing back into his usual self." I tell her as I grab two spoons.

I open the freezer and grab the cookie dough ice cream, "that's good" she says

"Munchkin?" I ask carefully approaching the subject.

"Yeah?" She says as I scoop the ice cream into her bowl and mine.

"Dominic would like to talk to you" I tell her as I hand her some sprinkles so she can put them in the bowls.

"Would you be open to try that?" I ask her

She thinks about it for a few seconds as she puts some whip cream in the bowls.

"I don't know" she says, "w-..." she stops talking

"You can tell me munchkin" I say softly

"What if he yells at me? Of pushes me again?" She asks nervously

"He won't- I won't let him" I tell her as we start eating the ice cream.

"Will you stay with me?" She asks before she licks some whip cream of her spoon.

"I wouldn't let it be any other way" I smile softly

"Okay than- now can we watch H2O" she gleams

I laugh, "of course we can"

— — — —

Author's POV.

Alessia's frame is tense with fear, when Dominic walks into the room.

She glances up, as her gaze fixes on him, but she says nothing.

Noah squeezes her hand softly in support.

"I've been... I've been distant, and I'm sorry," Dominic says, his voice barely above a whisper.

She shrinks back slightly, her eyes darting around the room.

"I didn't mean to scare you," he says softly, noticing her discomfort. "I've made mistakes, and I want to make things right."

Dominic takes a step back, realizing the impact his demeanor has on her. "I'll give you space, but know that I care about you. I'll do better." He says

"I know I've been distant lately," Dominic begins again, his voice filled with remorse. "I got caught up in my own world, and I neglected all of you. I'm sorry."

Alessia's frame tenses with memories of the fear and pain she felt when Dominic was absent. 

"I also need to apologize for something else," Dominic continues, his voice faltering with regret. "I pushed you, Alessia, and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause you harm or give you a panic attack. I should have listened to you."

Noah gently squeezes Alessia's hand, offering silent support as she looks at Dominic.

"I let my own feelings blind me, and I failed to be there for all of you," Dominic confesses, his voice heavy with guilt. "But I want to make things right. I promise to do better, to listen, and to be there for you."

Alessia's anxiety starts to soften slightly.

"I'll step back and give you the space you need," Dominic assures, noticing the unease.

"I'll earn your trust back, princess, and I'll be a better brother to all of you."

Noah nods, signaling Alessia that it's okay to talk if she wants, "It's alright, munchkin"

Alessia looks at Dominic, a hint of wariness lingering in her eyes. She takes a deep breath before softly saying, "Okay."

Dominic nods in understanding, realizing that regaining their trust would take time and consistent efforts on his part. "Thank you for hearing me out," he says smiling softly before leaving the room.

"Are you okay?" Noah asks Alessia

"Yeah- he..he was nice" she says softly- a little confused since he's back to who he was before.

Noah nods, "yeah he was" he agrees.

— — — —

Noah's POV.

"Noah, Leo, Silas, Asher, Ace, I... I want to make things right," Dominic begins, his voice trembling with emotion. "I miss having all of you at home. Please, consider moving back in. I'll do whatever it takes to make it work."

We exchange guarded glances, our hesitance apparent. "It's not that simple, Dom," I respond, my tone full of caution.

"I understand I've let you down," Dominic continues, his sincerity evident. "But I've changed. I want to be there for all of you, especially for Alessia."

"Look I know it won't happen overnight, but please, give me a chance to prove myself," Dominic pleads, desperation clear in his voice.

"We'll think about it" I say before we leave

— — — —

Alessia's POV.

"I want mashed potatoes, please" I tell Cye.

"Here Les" he smiles as he hands me my plate.

"Thank you" I smile softly.

"You're welcome Les" Cye smiles at me.

Everyone grabs their food than we start eating.

"Munchkin, Dominic wants us to move back in," Nono suddenly says.

I look up,"Back to Enzo?" I ask

"Yes, he's asking us to give him another chance," Leo adds.

"But do you think it's a good idea?" I ask a little uncertain.

"We're not sure yet, but we wanted to hear your thoughts," Noah explains.

"I don't know- I'm scared things might go back to how they were," I admit softly as I put my cutlery down

"We understand, Alessia," Nono reassures me. "We want what's best for you. We'll take it slow and decide together, alright?"

I nod, feeling more reassured, "Okay, I trust you."

"It's a big step," Leo says his brow furrowed.

"It is. But maybe he's really trying," Ash voices his thoughts.

"Let's give it some time," Cye suggests, "We need to be cautious, especially for Les' sake."

All my brothers nod in agreement. "Absolutely. We'll take things slow and see how it goes." Nono says while smiling at me.

I want things to go back to the way it used to be but I'm scared. What if Dominic turns mean again. I don't think I can go through this again.