Chapter thirty-three

Coming closer he smashes his lips onto mine.

————

Alessia's POV.

I wake up in Dominic's arms.

I'm not as fearful anymore as I was before with touching him.

I mean I still am scared of bad things happening but-

"What're you thinking about?" Dominic's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I shrug my shoulders and bury my face into his chest.

"You can tell me princess" he says softly while rubbing my back.

That feels nice.

"I don't know-...just thinking about the fact that I-...that I just..that I'm not as fearful of touching you as I was before" I tell him.

"You were afraid to touch me?" He asks sadly.

I shrug my shoulders and hide my face, "I just..I don't want bad things happening to you or any of the others" I tell him.

"Why would bad things happen to us?" He asks me confused while massaging my scalp.

"...because bad things happen when I'm around" I admit after a few silent seconds.

"What? That's not true" he says

"It is, everyone I care about, everything I touch, gets destroyed, gets broken, gets hurt, gets taken away from me. It's like I am a curse" I ramble sadly.

He looks down at me sadly, "you're not a curse, princess-" he starts but I cut him off.

"I am, mom died, you almost died and the twins are gone" I say my voice breaking, "and that's all my fault" I tell him with tears in my eyes.

"No baby- that's not true. You're not a curse. Bad things might happen around you bad that isn't your fault. Mom took you from us and she married Carlo. Not you. And what has now happened is the Irish their fault. Not yours. How can you even think that?" He says sadly

I don't reply and bury my face into the crook of his neck as he hugs me closer.

I try not to cry as I just want this topic of conversation to end.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it but I need you to know that this is not your fault. You are not a curse and we all love you more than anything in this whole world. I would never ever leave you or anything. No one is blaming your for anything. You're my princess and I love you more then anything" Dominic says softly before turning his head slightly and kissing mine.

I can't help but let the few tears that gathered in my eyes fall at his precious words, "are..-are you sure you don't hate me?" I ask him fearfully- nervously.

"What!? No of course not. I could never hate you"  Dominic says lovingly.

I nod my head and cuddle back into his side.

"There's something I want to tell you" Dominic says after a few silent, comfortable minutes.

I take a small glance at his nervous state.