Book 2 chapter 7 / Bonus chapter part 7

Noah's POV.

It's been a week and a half since I heard my little munchkin talk and saw her play.

It's been two weeks since I last picked her up from school.

I loved coming back from work to pick her up, to see that big smile on her face as she runs to me after saying goodbye to her friends.

God I love her so much.

I miss her.

I really really miss her.

Even though she's here next to me, it doesn't feel like that.

It feels as if she's miles away, while being in pain and I can't help her.

It hurts.

I brush her hair behind her ears before placing a soft kiss to her head.

Her beautiful tic hair has grown back.

It's not as long as it used to be but it has grown to beneath her shoulders already.

Normally before school she'd always come to my room where I'd help her style her hair.

I've watched hours of YouTube videos to learn how to braid hair and how to make a bun or a ponytail and even more.

She'd want her hair to be pretty when she wakes up right? I'm going to braid it, some dutch braids.

Yes..

Yes she would like that.

I grab the hairbrush and put some hair ties around my wrist.

I turn her head to look away from me, then I start brushing one half of her hair.

Soon I'm braiding her hair and when I'm finished, I tie the hair tie around the end of her hair.

Then I'm starting on the other side of hair.

After a few minutes I'm completely done with her hair, I leave the remaining hair ties around my wrist but I do place the hair brush back.

"Please wake up munchkin, I can't live knowing you're not okay" I say softly.

————

"What would Alessia want in the new house?" Nick asks us all, "the architect needs all the wanted desires for the house in by next week" he continues.

"You don't think she will wake up before then?" Ash whispers a little hurt at his statement.

"What- I..Ash no I mean...we don't know when she will wake up so I just want..it's just a precaution okay" he stammers over his words.

Ash just looks down but not before glancing at Alessia for a few seconds.

"She'd like a movie room since we watch so many movies together" he then says after a few seconds.

"She'd also like a a library- she's been reading more since she's getting better at it in school" I express my thoughts.

"I want a pool to teach her how to swim" Leo says to which the others agree to by humming their approvals.

————

Friends from Alessia are coming over today.

Their parents have been calling Nick for the last few days about their kids meeting Alessia to wish her recovery and all that stuff.

Ace, Silas and I have been discharged from the hospital but we keep staying here in the hospital with the rest of the family.

Ava, Elijah, Emma, Luca and Olivia are coming in around noon, it's 10 am right now which means we still have two hours so fill.

Nurses are soon walking in the room to change the bandages of Leo, Ash and Nick.

Luckily their wounds are healing well and they haven't gotten any infections.

Alessia's wounds are healing well but her body needs rest after that traumatic experience which I- we all understand but it hurts.

I press a soft kiss to Alessia's head before I start walking to the door of the hospital room.

"Where're you going?" Leo asks looking at me.

"I'm going to get some food for us all" I tell them.

He looks at me for a few seconds before he nods his head, "alright- can you get me some chips?" He asks gently while closing his eyes a little.

"Sure what kind?" I ask him slowly as the nurse takes off the bandage around his stomach.

His expression turns pained but he still answers, "I..I don't know- you choose" he mutters whimpering a little as the nurse rubs some cream into his burned skin.

"Be careful" I warn the nurse.

She's hurting my little brother.

She cowers a little while quickly nodding her head before she starts wrapping his stomach and torso.

I look at them for a few more seconds before I turn to the others, "does someone want anything in particular to eat?" I ask

In response I just get some shakes of head and soon I'm heading to the first floor of the hospital.

————

A knock sounds at the hospital door before I open it up.

Five hopeful but sad children stand before me with their parents standing behind them.

"Hello" I say softly, trying to put their minds at ease.

They give me some tight lipped nervous smiles.

I give them a small one back before I step to the side and let them in.

Immediately their eyes fly to my little munchkin who's lying down on the bed in some comfy clothes which are way too big for her but she looks cute even with all the bandages covering her head and face.

"C..can we?" Ava asks softly.

I nod my head, "sure- go ahead" I smile lightly at her and the other two.

Alessia has told me a lot of things over these past few months, one of those being that her friend Ava, talks a lot like all the time.

This...this event of Alessia being in a coma must effect her more than I thought it would.

My brothers slowly get out of their chairs which are placed next to the bed so the kids can sit there.

Nick walks outside the room to where the parents are with Enzo. Probably to talk about Alessia's injuries for if the kids would asks and stuff.

Oliva grabs Les' hand in hers after staring at the bandage around her head as soft silent tears start falling down her face.