Book 2 chapter 30

Alessia's POV.

"Feels weird being back," Acey comments, breaking the silence that hangs in the air.

"Yeah, it's like stepping back in time," Ash agrees, glancing around the hallway.

We make our way further into the house, the rooms look just as before.

I walk upstairs to my previous room when my steps falter. I pause, taking a deep breath as I let my hand rest on the doorknob.

Slowly I crack the door open and walk inside.

My previous unmade bed is now made and when I walk to the bathroom I find that my blood covered T-shirt is gone. Which means that Dominic will probably want to know where that came from.

I'm not telling him, I don't want to talk to him right now.

I start to feel overwhelmed by a wave of  memories that come back in my head.

I walk back to my room and place my bag on the ground before I go and sit on the bed.

I take Buddy off of my bed and hold him tightly against me- we're going to have to rebuild our relationship too.

I look at the desk where I hit my head, there's a small indent in the side.

"Are you okay, Munchkin?" Nono asks, as he walks by my room.

"Yeah, just a lot of memories" I mutter softly as tears appear in my eyes.

Nono comes into the room and sits down next to me before he wraps an arm around my shoulders as I lean into him.

"He was so mean" I whimper softly before a small sob leaves my mouth.

Nono picks me up so I'm sitting on his lap, "why was he so mean?" I cry.

"I don't know munchkin- I really don't know" Nono says softly while rubbing my back up and down.

"He made me so sad" I cry out as I cling to him.

"I know munchkin" Nono says while holding me and rubbing my back, "it'll be okay" he says softly.

I stay in Nono's arms for a long time as I calm down slowly. Eventually I stop crying but I still stay there, lost in my thoughts as I let all the emotions wash over me.

Slowly I wipe away my tears and take a deep breath, "I'm sorry" I apologize

"Why?"

"You probably need to unpack your stuff" I mumble softly as I stroke Buddy's back.

"Don't worry about that" Nono says softly making us go back to silence.

"Nono?" I ask

"Yeah?"

"Can I stay with you tonight?" I ask him

"Of course you can- we can have a sleepover and eat junkfood in bed" he grins making me smile

— — — — the next day

Author's POV.

Alessia sits on the living room couch, watching TV when the sudden sound of footsteps interrupt her thoughts.

She glances up from the TV and sees Dominic entering the room.

He pauses for a moment, meeting her gaze, before making his way to sit on the couch as well.

There's a silence between them that's almost deafening.

"Hey," Dominic starts slowly, his voice cautious yet genuine.

"Hi" Alessia responds softly, her eyes not leaving the television screen.

"I... I wanted to talk to you," Dominic continues, fidgeting nervously with the edge of his shirt.

"Okay," she replies

Dominic takes a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "I know things haven't been good between us," he begins, his tone sincere. "And I'm sorry for that. I've been distant, and I regret how I've acted."

Alessia nods, her eyes meeting his.

"I never wanted to hurt you or make you feel like you couldn't trust me," Dominic continues, his voice full of remorse. "I know I let you down, and I'm sorry for that. Moving forward, I want things to be better between us."

Alessia stays silent for a few seconds before she responds, "you were really mean and I don't trust you anymore" she whispers

"I understand and I'm sorry," Dominic acknowledges, his expression pained. "I'll do my best to earn back your trust, even if it takes time."

Alessia stays quiet and just nods.

"I want us to be a family again." Dominic says determined, "and I want to rebuild our relationship, I want to be your Flower again." He whispers with tears in his eyes.

Seeing the tears in Dominic's eyes makes Alessia feel a little guilty, "it'll take time but maybe in the future" she says slowly, trying not to regret her decision.

Dominic nods as a small smile appears on his face, "what're you watching?" He asks after a few moments of silence.

"H2O" Alessia smiles brightly as she thinks about the show- instantly forgetting everything that went down.

"Oh I know that one, it's fun right" Dominic smiles.

"Yes but I hate Charlotte, she makes me mad. I don't like her"

"I don't like her either, she's mean" Dominic agrees.

Alessia nods eagerly, "did you know that H2O means water, that's so cool" she grins.

Dominic laughs in what feels the first time in ages, "I know right!" He exclaims.

They continue talking for a while before they watch the show further together, a flicker of hope builds in Dominic's chest for a fresh start now that the Switzerland's mafia has been defeated.

— — — — a few months later

Author's POV.

One sunny Saturday, Dominic decides to surprise his siblings with a picnic in the backyard.

He and Enzo spend the morning preparing sandwiches, fruit skewers, and lemonade, carefully arranging everything in a picnic basket.

"Surprise!" Dominic calls out as he leads them to the backyard. Alessia's eyes widen in delight at the sight of the picnic setup.

"You did all this?" Alessia asks excited.

"Yep! A little surprise to enjoy the sunny day," Dominic beams, spreading out the blanket.

As they snack on sandwiches and play games, Dominic listens intently to Alessia's stories from school, laughing along with the others.

"This is awesome, Nick!" Alessia exclaims, munching on a strawberry from the fruit skewer.

"It is, isn't it?" Dominic smiles, feeling a warmth in his heart. "We should do this more often, just us hanging out like this."

Moments like this where the siblings spend time and laugh together slowly builds Dominic's relationship with his them, one moment at a time.

Authors Note:

Hey guys,

This is the end of the sequel 'I'm not okay', I know this book is probably not what you expected neither did I.

I've had a difficult time writing lately because of school and stress at home but even though it took so long and the ladder chapters are written poorly, I hope you did enjoy it.

If there are any mistakes I apologize and would like it if you guys were to alert me on it.

I sincerely apologize if this book didn't live up to your expectations but I didn't really know what to write- again I'm sorry.

Thank you for all the support and again sorry that it took so long.

Xxx the author.