Book 2 chapter 5 / Bonus chapter part 5

Dominic's POV.

It's the next day when Silas his heart monitor starts going crazy.

Nurses and doctors are surrounding him within ten seconds.

"What's happening ?" Asher breaths out nervously- fearfully.

I immediately make my way over to him and pull him into a side hug.

"I don't know yet Ash, but he will be fine okay. Just calm down and breathe" I say softly when I see his chest going up and down faster.

I calmly stroke his back as he leans into me.

After the kidnapping earlier this year, Asher developed major anxiety towards the wellbeing of his family.

Ace takes Asher's hand in his.

Slowly Asher starts to breathe normally again and I stand up to make my way over to Silas as Ace holds Asher close to him.

Silas his eyes look panicked with all the people around him as he struggles against all the doctors and nurses around him.

"Get your hands off of him" I demand harshly as Silas his fearful eyes turn to me.

Immediately everyone let's him go.

I walk to stand beside his head and slowly lay my hand against his cheek so he looks at me instead of looking at those nurses.

"You're okay Silas, calm down. We're in the hospital okay" I say softly.

He grab towards his throat, his eyes still horrifyingly wide and scared.

"I know it's okay, they're going to take it out of you" I say softly while taking his shaking hands in mine.

His heartbeat slows down a little as a nurse comes closer.

Slowly she takes the tape that's holding the tube in place of his face while Silas' eyes never leave mine.

"It's okay, calm down." I mutter softly while stroking the back of his hand softly.

He grips my hand tightly as the nurse starts pulling the tube out of him.

Silas starts chocking and coughing as tears form in his eyes.

When it's finally out of him, I push him to sit upright as he starts coughing more and more.

"You're alright, let it all out, just breathe" I mutter softly, so only he hears.

"Wh-what was that?" He stumbles over his words as he slowly stops coughing.

I start talking before the doctor has a chance start, "there was a fire, which resulted in you needing a breathing tube since you stopped breathing" I say softly.

"I-..I stopped breathing" he whispers confused.

I nod my head sadly.

He looks around at the others in their hospital beds, eyes lingering on Alessia's.

"She got caught in an explosion" Ace answers his unasked question.