Chapter twenty-six

Soon the doctor walks into the room with the test results, "miss.Romano, you cancer cells-"

.....

"Have all been destroyed" He tells us all in the room.

Immediately the tension that was so high that you could cut it with a knife, disappears around us as well.

I feel tears welcome my eyes as relief shoots through me.

It's gone.

A sob from relief makes the shocked happy boys around me immediately stand up and rush towards me.

Dominic takes me from Noah, "it's gone" I sob out happily.

He smiles as me, "it is" he whispers while giving my head a kiss and Silas takes me from Flower.

After all of my brothers have hugged me and stuff, the doctor starts talking again.

"For now you are cancer free and all the cancer cells have left your body. However for in the future there is a small chance that your cancer returns and when it if that happens, I want to be there fast like this time so we can immediately destroy it. That's why every month you will come back her for testing okay" the doctor tells me.

I nod my head as a smile rests on my face, "since all your chemo treatments stop for now, you should be getting your full strength back in a few weeks, just as the throwing up stops. You do have a very weak immune system so to make that stronger you can stay up-to-date on recommended vaccines. Maintain a healthy diet. Exercise regularly. Hydrate. Get plenty of sleep. Minimize stress and much much more. When you get your strength back and can walk and more, you'll be able to go to school" he smiles while looking at me.

I nod my head as I'm now in Acey' s arms.

I thank the doctor as do my brothers before Dominic helps me get back dressed into my hoodie from Leo and some short that are mine.

He picks me up since I still don't have the energy to walk more then a few steps but that will change soon right.

Now that the chemo is over, I'll get stronger again.

I rest my head on Flower's shoulder as he walks out of the hospital with our other brothers following us, " 'm really happy" I tell him smiling softly while hugging him and Buddy tightly.

He looks down at me with a really big smile, "are you?" He asks me.

I nod my head

His smile widens even more if that's possible, "I'm really happy too" he tells me while pressing a kiss to my head.

I smile and nod my head, "that's very good" I tell him.

"It is indeed very good." He agrees with my statement as we arrive at the car.

I sit in the middle seat, in between Acey and Cye.

I lean my head against Cye's shoulder while my hands hold Acey's.

"Can we get ice cream?" I ask Flower who's putting his seat belt on in a soft voice.

He looks at me through the mirror, "sure same place as last time?" He asks.

I nod my head as a smile rests on my lips.

My brothers their hair has grown back fully by now.

Mine has not unfortunately.

But it will eventually.

Not that my cancer is gone and I stop with chemo, my long hair will grow back.

I'd almost fallen asleep by the time we arrived at the ice cream parlor.

Luckily the car parking made me wake up fully.

I turn to Ash, "what're you gone get?" I ask him.

"Chocolate chip and Nutella" he tells me.

I smile and nod my head, "what's Nutella?" I ask him.

I've eaten a lot of different foods with my brothers but I haven't eaten Nutella yet.

I have no clue to what that is.

"Oh my god you've never eaten it before!? When we're home I'll give you a big spoon full of it. Its this chocolate spread with hazelnuts" he tells me.

I nod my head while smiling, "I'll try it" I tell him while still smiling.

He happily nods his head while getting out of the car.

I try to get out of the car myself but while getting out I almost immediately fall to the ground.

Noah is luckily right on time to steady me on my feet since he's standing closest to me.

I feel really dizzy by standing on my feet like this.

Of course Noah notices that too, "if you're dizzy look far into the distance, it'll help a little." Nono tells me

I do as he says and look into the far distance where my eyes land on a boy around my age I think.

He has dark green with a hint of grey eyes and brown hair.

I keep looking at him and eventually I find my balance again just as the guy makes eye contact with me.

"That's it" Nono says which snaps me out of my thoughts as I avert my eyes to his.

"You okay now?" He asks me.

I nod my head slowly.

Nono smiles at me, "do you want to try and walk or not?" He asks me.

"We can try" I tell him.

He smiles and nods his head, "alright munchkin" he says while wrapping his arm around me, "just a few steps, I don't expect you to walk a whole marathon. You're still recovering and your body's unfortunately still a little weak." He tells me.

I nod my head and give him a grateful smile as I start walking while wobbling a little bit on my legs.

Only a few steps in and I can already feel myself starting to sweat.

My legs wobble from the intense feelings and right when I think I can't do it anymore, Dominic picks me up so I don't fall.

"Thank you Flower" I whisper while pressing my face into his shoulder.

He kisses my head, "I'm proud of you, you did-are doing very well." He tells me while smiling as warmth like never before fills my chest.

No one has ever told me they're proud of me, it...it feels really nice.