Book 2 chapter 16

Alessia's POV.
- Evening before

It's after dinner and I'm scared

I want to go to school tomorrow but what if Anna hurts me again.

Noah is going to come and change my bandages soon but that can't happen. Because if he does then he will see that my stitches have ripped open and then he will ask questions and I don't...I can't lie because that's a rule.

And I can't break the rules, so he... he just can't look at my stomach.

He can't

I want to go to school and see my friends so he can't look at my stomach.

A knock on the door breaks my thought process.

I can't answer because if I do Noah will come inside and he'll keep me from going to school.

I keep my mouth shut and close my eyes while lying down on my stomach for if he were to come in he'd think I was asleep.

"Munchkin?" He calls out softly, "you asleep?" He questions

I stay quiet and continue my act.

"I'm coming in just to be sure you're alright okay" he says

A few seconds later the door opens, "Oh munchkin" He mutters with a smile in his tone.

He sits down next to me on the bed and softly begins dragging his right hand through my hair.

I suppress the smile that wants to appear on my face from the loving touch.

"I guess the re-bandaging wil have to wait until tomorrow" He whispers softly before he presses a small kiss against my head and leaves.

Only when the door closes and I hear him walk away in the distance do I move from my position to lay in a more comfortable position that doesn't hurt as much.

————

Asher's POV.
- back to the present

"Ace?" I ask as I'm picking out my outfit for the day

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, what's wrong?"

"Well,...how do you feel about the whole Nick and Enzo thing?" I question him

"Honestly?"

"Yeah" I say while I start changing my clothes

"Well he's happy with Enzo so I guess that's a good thing" He starts

"Same ...but what do you think about the fact that he isn't around anymore?" I ask interrupting him

He's quiet for a few seconds while I make my way over to the sink and I start doing my hair next to Ace.

"I miss him you know, he's like our father Asher. But you know I can deal with it, I still have you and Alessia and the rest of our brothers...You?"

"Same..just miss him" I mutter

"Hey can you promise me something?" I ask a few seconds later

"Sure what?"

"That you won't leave me behind when you fall in love"

"I promise"

————