CHAPTER 21

Your breath hitched as he praised you but you were taken out of your daze as the door knocked. You both separated from one another with you moving over to your seat and Samuel opening the door to let in small Daniel who had a huge frown on his face.

Daniel could see you sitting in the back with your head tilted down as you refused to meet his eyes and a hint of anger struck him.

You were miserable and Samuel was the cause of it.

"So, you lived with your mother in the countryside and now you're living on your own after moving to Seoul. Your speciality is eating a maximum of thirty burgers. You would make a great mukbang streamer..." Samuel said as he read Daniel's resume, the two seated opposite of each other by his desk.

"By the way...did I discomfort you in any way?"

You saw how Daniel held a huge frown on his face as he gazed back the the older boy who was confused by his behaviour.

"No, you didn't."

"Then, why do you look like you're-"

"I just look like my mom."

"Oh, I didn't mean to offend you or your mom."

Samuel then went onto to proposing an offer to Daniel, wanting him to join the company which he accepted after a while, his true intentions was to act as a spy by working on the inside.

You saw how small Daniel glanced your way for a second before he left the room with Samuel, leaving you on your own.

You looked over at the secret room that Samuel thought he could only access with his card but Daniel also had one, thanks to Gun.

"If only I could get access. My contract could be in there."

What if Samuel made another copy of your contract? He had to have made another to send to Eugene since you were a part of Workers now.

Then...there would be no point in even trying to get it. You were going be stuck in this contract forever.

Releasing a sigh, you got up from your seat, wanting to get some fresh air since you were feeling suffocated by your negative thoughts.

You were sure you wouldn't break a rule in the contract for wanting some fresh air.

"Hello, sir."

You hand halted, almost touching the handle of the door as you heard Samuel's voice outside. He seemed to be talking to someone over the phone.

"No, I still haven't managed to get a contract with [F/N]."

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you heard this.

What was he talking about?

You were currently standing in OneMCN, having no choice but to stick by Samuel's side because of this contract and he's telling whoever he's speaking to on the phone that you hadn't?

"You are taking too long."

Your ears detected the voice on the other end of the phone and your eyes widened.

'Was that Eugene?'

Why was he telling Eugene you hadn't signed the contract?

If Eugene didn't know then that indicated...

You looked to Samuel's secret room, a feeling of hope rising up as you came to a conclusion that there was only one contract.

No copies.

'I need to get it!'

"Okay, have a good day, sir."

You rushed back to your seat as Samuel ended the call, acting as if you hadn't been eavesdropping and kept your head tilted down when he entered. He stopped in front of you and crouched down, his eyes making contact with yours.