CHAPTER 24

You were in a particular street, eating store brought jajangmyeon in a particular restaurant, a smile on your face as you faced Yeonhui who you had become friends with over the past few weeks you had spent being here.

You had become free after school with your lessons being postponed for now. Zack had put himself on a mission to help bring back Johan to his mother while Taehun text you, saying he had to help his friends take down XJ Company. You had stopped going to the gym and cancelled your membership, not wanting to be near Samuel after what he pulled off with you last time so now you were free once again.

Jake was coming out of prison today and you wanted to greet him before Samuel showed up to make the alliance.

"Come out, Big Deal! I heard Jake was released today!"

Panic was seen on Yeonhui's face as she looked out of the restaurant window to see a small crew standing outside, ready to fight before she gazed at you.

"Jake is being released from prison today but hasn't come back yet with Lineman and Jerry." Yeonhui told, knowing they were still making their way home.

You stood up, throwing away the empty plastic bowl and chopsticks in the trash before you rolled up your sleeves.

Yeonhui realised what you were about to do and grabbed your hand, preventing you from moving further.

"You're going to get hurt."

You smiled in her direction and removed your hand from hers before stepping out of the restaurant, earning the attention of the crew.

"Oi, where's Jake-" The first boy who stepped up didn't have a chance to finish his sentence as your fist made contact with his face and sent him straight to the ground, his eyes rolling back while he fell into unconsciousness.

"You all came at the wrong time. Jake isn't here yet."

The evil smile that painted your lips as you cracked your knuckles, approaching them with the intent to take them down had the crew growing pale, knowing they had screwed up.

Jake, Jerry and Lineman walked down the street with Jake wanting to get some sleep before the rest of Big Deal was called but as they stepped further down the street, they were met with the bizarre sight of a small crew who were on their knees, their gazes trained on the ground with their bodies covered in bruises.

"What will you do next time?"

"Not start a fight with Big Deal."

"Good."

You smiled, your gaze moving to your right but your expression brightened up as you caught sight of Jake who's eyes widened as he recognised you.

"Jake! It's been a while." You greeted while waving in his direction.

Jerry and Linemen had heard about the time you worked inside the Juvenile Prison from Jake to take care of Jiho, saving Jason also from a major incident and they had gained respect for you but to see this, they had to admit, it was a shock.

"These guys wanted to start a fight with you but I sorted them out. Yeonhui just told me you were coming back today."

Yeonhui rushed out of the shop, worry etched on her face as she checked for any injuries on your face but you were fine, assuring her until she calmed down.

Jake didn't know what to think, observing you as you laughed when Yeonhui scolded the crew for making you fight before you slung an arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to you.

But, there was something he did know.

He could trust you.

You turned to Jake as he approached you but grew surprised when he placed a hand on your head and smiled down at you.