CHAPTER 60

(A/N: guess who updated in less than a month, that's right, meeeeeee! I'm in the middle of the next chapter too so another update will be coming in the next few days as well :D)

"So, you weren't able to find what the first affilate were hiding?"

Back at the wearhouse which Burn Knuckles used as their hideout, you were seat across from Daniel with Zack standing behind your chair, his hands placed on the back of the chair to help him lean over and hear the conversation.

"No...I found someone who might have known but things went off the rail and I had to get out." Daniel was referring to Jinyoung which you understood and you nodded.

"Did you find anything out?" Daniel asked you both and you shook your head with a frown, looking over at Jace who was trying his hardest to look for any clues on the first affilate.

"This isn't going to be easy, even for Jace. I asked Kouji but, he didnt want to get involved with workers any more."

This was news to you as you didn't see much of the younger boy. The last time you saw him from the drawn series, he had joined as a first year in your school and hacked the system.

'Eugene is a pain so, I can understand why he doesn't want to be involved...'

"To think the first affilate would be this hard to infiltrate."

Daniel was in his own thoughts but you noticed how his body seem to relax by himself. His eyes slowly shut and it took a while for you to realise what was about to happen.

"Listen, Daniel. I think-" Zack was about to say but you suddenly leaped forward, startling him in the process.

He watched as you caught Daniel's falling form, putting your arms around him as his head rested against your shoulder.

"Wha-Daniel?! What happened?!"

Zack kneeled down by your side, his eyes wide as his mind became filled with questions to express his confusion.

"He must be exhausted. He has been running around a lot lately." You assured your friend and he was silent as he contemplated your words before giving you a nod.

"There should be a room at the back where he can rest."

Zack helped you up with Daniel in your arms and he led you to the back, finding a bed for you to put him down. You were as gentle as possible, not wanting to startle this body so, he would wake up.

You knew he was in his other body and giving the situation he's in, it was best to gather as much information as he could before he was brought back into his original form.

"You alright?"

You had been in your own thoughts as you were walking out of the room and blinked out of your daze to look up at Zack. He had closed the door behind him and approached you with slight concern.

"Not really." You admitted.

Zack wasn't how he used to be before, now more confident and it helped him put his arms around you and hold you close.

"What's up?" He asked, rubbing your back in a way that had you relaxing in his hold, your eyes closing for a moment.

"I haven't really had a moment to breathe. More problems are piling on top and it's...you know, getting to me."

It felt nice to let out how you felt and having Zack comfort you in the process. You returned his hug by wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Thank you." You mumbled.

Your gratitude was heard and it made him smile.

"I'll always be here for you."

He tilted his head down, instinctively giving the top of your head a kiss but he froze a second later as he comprehended his actions.