CHAPTER 52

Han was finally in his bedroom after greeting his parents in the most natural way possible.

It wasn't natural at all.

He had to run away and into his room which thankfully had his name embedded onto the door to help him find it.

"Where the heck is that book?" He mumbled the question, finally having enough of being awkward.

It turned out to be a tiny notebook with only four pages attached to it. He raised a brow and opened up the first page to see the first part of his profile.

Name: Han
Age: 17
Strength: 5^
Fighting Skills: Krav Maga
Grades: Perfect. Is the second best student amongst second years.
Family: Mom, Dad and Little Sister.
Family Background: Father is a CEO of a tech company while Mother is the CEO of a make up brand. Little Sister is a Gamer on Newtube and currently has over a million subscribers.

"Krav Maga? I've never heard of that martial art before..." Han wondered as he read the name again.

He decided to use Naver to search for the subject of wonder but as soon as he had seen the time at the corner of the screen, he felt his heart stop.

"It's 4:23pm..."

"Make sure you get the cigarettes now and then meet up at the park."

He was supposed to do what those assholes had ordered him to get and meet at the park...one hour ago.

"I just got a chance to live a new life and I'm about to throw it away because of some prick who wants to act tough." He complained as he felt frustrated by what was going on.

He never experienced bullying in his previous life because...no one gave a crap about him. He was just another person living his life and it was enough to keep him away from others attention.

Han let out a sigh, knowing he had to think of a way to get out of this bullying fiasco before it got worse. He didn't accept moving into this world, just to experience a crappy life.

He gazed down at his profile, turning the page over but his eyes widened over the information written down.

"Krav Maga techniques."

1. Natural Stance ☑️
2. Guard Stance ☑️
3. Punches ☑️
4. Groin Kick ☑️
5. Palm Strike ☑️
6. Bearhug Defence ❎
7. Knife Defence ❎
8. Eye Gouges ❎

From what he could see, he only had the basics down but it could be enough to stop Joon and his friends from picking on him.

He walked over to his desk and turned on the computer, taking a seat on the comfy chair and focusing on the screen as it brightened up.

"Can I improve my techniques in the next six hours before I go to sleep?" He questioned, looking over at the time on the computer.

The screen revealed a list of videos teaching the basics and a determined look appeared on his face.

"I won't know until I try."

The following morning had come by and Han was dressed up in his uniform, ready to leave his home for school.

He skipped having a ride to school and instead chose to walk, wanting to get some fresh air before he faced with the upcoming problem that he didn't want to really deal with.

He reached the school gates, coming face to face with Joon and his friends who reacted as soon as they saw his figure walk towards them.

"Han, you're dead-"

Han raised his hand, cutting Joon off as he spoke with an unimpressed look.

"I'm not interested in your flimsy threats so, shut up."

Joon went red in the face and his friends had to back away as he charged towards Han with a fist raised.

Han twisted his body, tilting his head back to avoid the punch before he grabbed his stretched out arm, pulling him towards him.

One thing Han had learned from the notebook was that despite having the skills to fight, his father had not allowed him to use it to harm another person.

This was the main reason behind him being bullied.

'Sorry, dad. I'm not dealing with these idiots just because of your morals.'

Han struck Joon's chin with the muscles that made up the palm of his hand and Joon's head snapped back, giving him an opportunity for another attack. He slammed his hands against his chest and Joon let out a startled sound as he fell to the ground.

"Ah! You fucker!"

Joon looked up, ready to curse at Han again but he froze at the sudden appearance of a figure who stood behind him. Han noticed Joon's change in behaviour and turn his head, only to be surprised to see it was James.

Han didn't know how to react as the two held eye contact, almost breaking into a sweat as it became too intense for him but James placed his hands in his pockets and walked away without speaking a single word to him.

"That was weird..." Han muttered.

He didn't know much of James from the series other than the fact that he was considered a genius and a person you didn't want as your enemy since, the last chapter he read before he died was when Daniel was trying to discover the real identity behind his body after Jiho put him in a coma.

Han looked down at Joon one more time before he adjusted his bag on his shoulder, deciding to walk away from his former bully without another care for him.

That was one problem resolved.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Han was seated on the rooftop with a cream bun and a carton of milk, a sigh of content leaving his lips as he rested his head against the wall to look up at the clear sky.

It was nice to be alone after he dealt with the first half of the school day, the constant eyes being on his form after word went round of him standing  up to Joon.

He had only took a bite into his bun when the door to the rooftop had been kicked open, a lone figure walking out and in Han's line of vision.

He saw it was James and decided to remain quiet, focusing on the scenery ahead as he ate his food but the genius fighter wanted to disturb his moment of peace by walking over to him.

"Yes?" Han didn't want to come off as rude and showed his acknowledgement of James's presence.

James didn't speak a word but instead chose to seat himself next to Han who shrugged, turning his attention back onto his food.

"Who are you?" James's question took him off guard and he turned to the taller boy in surprise.

"Excuse me?" Han questioned back and James looked his way, his expression trained to not give away his real thoughts.

"You've been bullied since your first year and now, you suddenly can stand up against that idiot." James pointed out and Han didn't have to think to come up with an excuse.

"My father never allowed me to fight but, I had enough of Joon so I took care of him." Han explained, his eyes focused on the straw in his hand as he tried to poke a hole into the carton.

He succeeded in doing so and brought his lips closer to the straw, only for his precious carton of milk to be stolen. He stared at James in disbelief and was ready to complain until he earned a look which in turn made him cower.

'Damn you, James.'

This was how James and Han had began their friendship, always meeting on the rooftop to 'hang out', if that was what it was considered but soon, the two began to exchange proper words with one another which then led sparring with one another. Han had developed his skills with the help of James and soon, the duo became a team who would take down the kings that made up the first generation.