CHAPTER 53

Han had reached his third year in Moon High and so far, everything was going according to the plot of the series.

James was winning all sorts of competitions, from poetry to swimming which in Han's case, was a bit random but, he was there to give his support as a friend.

The two were now seated in their usual spot on the rooftop with Han gazing at James with a lot of shock.

"You want to me to help you end the first generation?" Han asked and James nodded.

"I don't have a problem ending it myself but it would be quicker this way. I can go after one king and you can go after another." James proposed and Han had to use a bit of time to think of an answer to give.

He didn't have any intention behind being James's friend and wanted to watch on the side how the first generation went down but to become a part of the war...that was something he was unsure of accepting.

"I don't know..." He was honest about how he felt as he told James who hummed as a response.

"You don't have to give me an answer now. Just think about it."

That was what James told him but it took a long time for Han to give his answer and it wasn't in the best situation.

----------------------------------------------------------

James rushed inside the hospital, making his way to the basement room which mainly held funerals and he ran through the hallway, stumbling to a stop as he found the the right room.

There, he saw Han seated on the floor, in a daze while his mother and father cried.

James looked at the photo of Han's little sister, Rina that was placed between many rows of flowers before he lowered his head, his hands clenching into a fist.

"A-Are you a friend?" Han's mother seemed to have noticed James's presence and called out to him in a polite tone to grab his attention.

Han looked up at the same time James had come out of his faze and he got up from his seat, moving over to James and grabbing his wrist.

"Han-"

"Just wait till we're outside." Han's voice was heavy and the taller boy knew when to keep his mouth shut so he obliged the other boys order.

The two left the hospital building and stood in the parking lot, the shorter boy having his eyes on the ground.

"What the hell happened?" James asked.

He remembered seeing Rina picking up Han from school yesterday and now she was dead. All of this had happened in the span of twelve hours.

"The king of Suwon." Han answered and James's eyes widened.

That made no sense.

James hadn't involved himself with Suwon yet, only going after the king of  Ansan first but Suwon was his next target.

"Seokdu Wang...He knew you were coming for him next and found out I was friends with you. The piece of shit told his lackeys to rough me up but Rina came in the way and she ended up getting hit in the head."

Tears escaped Han's eyes as he lowered his head, his shoulders shaking as he tried to prevent his whole body trembling from the emotions that threatened to do so.

"She didn't make it." He told and James felt the guilty for what had happened.

"I'm sorry-"

"No. This isn't your fault."

James looked to Han with surprise but, what took him into shock was the pure rage that gleamed in Han's brown eyes.

"I chose this life." He said but there was a mystery behind his words that even James couldn't decipher.