CHAPTER 70

"This is delicious, ma'am!"

You hummed in joy as you took a bite of the tteokbokki that you ordered from the elderly lady's stall, a smile painting your features as you chewed your food.

"I'm glad you like it, dear."

The elderly lady found your reaction to be endearing and couldn't help but smile.

It was the day after you had officially left Allied as they made a truce with Workers and you decided to focus on yourself.

Spending time out to eat, maybe hang out at Mira's or Zoe's place to catch up with them and then resign for the day at your temporary home which was Jay's apartment.

"Thank you, ma'am. I'll make sure to visit again!"

You bowed slightly to show your respect and she waved to you, bidding you goodbye.

You took a deep breath, a smile adorning your face as you looked up at the clear sky.

It had been so long since you had some time to yourself and it felt great.

You saw another vendor selling deserts and walked over, wanting to get some for yourself.

There was one person in front of you, ordering their own desert so, you didn't mind waiting.

You looked down at your watch, seeing how it was past one in the afternoon before focusing back on the vendor but, you blinked when your vision took in a sweet treat which was being offered towards you. The hand belonged to the person who had been in front of you in the line and you finally looked up to see someone very familar.

"Goo?"

He grinned down at you, still offering you the desert and you took it from him in puzzlement.

"You seem to be free so, should we go on that date you promised me?" He asked, his eyes holding a certain charm in them and you lowered your own pair as you took a bite of the sweet treat.

"Sure." You both moved from the vendor and settled onto a bench.

It was silent between you which, to you, was odd since Goo was a chatterbox but, from the recent event at the first affilate and the blonde further proceeding his plans against Charles Choi, you could understand.

"What do you want to do?"

As soon as he finished his desert, he turned your way and leaned against the bench, propping his arm up and resting his chin against his curled up hand.

"You were so eager to take me on a date, shouldn't you have organised something to do?" You raised a brow in his direction but, it only earned you a light laugh.

"I just want to make you happy." He leaned closer, holding your gaze with his charming pair and you ignored the way your heart almost leaped out of your chest as you focused on what you wanted to do.

You thought over what you could do and soon, an idea popped into your mind.

"How about bungee jump-"

Goo placed a hand over your mouth before you could finish and spoke up.

"I take it back. I'm going wherever I want to."

You were frowning when he removed his hand but you let out a sound of protest as he squished your cheeks together to annoy you further. Your attempt to smack his hand away was stopped as soon as he gave your lips a quick peck before releasing your face. He anticipated your cute reaction but instead received the opposite of what he wanted.

"I'm going home."

You didn't want to give the older boy a chance to see your flustered expression, as he would never let it go, and made an attempt to escape.