CHAPTER 59

With your return to Seoul with a very heavy heart, Daniel had told you to rest while he went to start the operation against the first affiliate which Park Jinyoung's location was currently at.

You released a sigh as you stared up at the ceiling in your bedroom, thinking over the conversation you had with Jihan and Jibeom before you left the countryside.

"We'll get through this together. We just have to be strong...that's what hyungnim used to tell us."

They were right.

You couldn't sink into the pain of Jichang and Elder's death.

You needed to hold yourself together and continue the fight they started against Charles Choi.

First was Workers and then you would go after Charles and take him down.

Even if it means making Gun and Goo your enemy.

You rolled over on your bed to grab your phone on the desk besides you to drop Daniel a quick text.

'When you're done at the first affiliate, meet me at xx café to talk.'

If you were going to help Daniel win against Workers, you needed to know his whole situation and what had happened in the month you were all away from each other.

The only way to get an answer out of him is by,

Speaking the truth.

---------------------------------------------------

"Where's your other body, Daniel?"

Daniel spat out the water he was drinking and coughed violently and you mumbled a curse under your breath, leaning over the table to pat his back.

"Ah shit, sorry."

Daniel couldn't compose himself after his coughing fit and you stared at him flatly as he avoided your eyes while speaking in a higher tone.

"Other body? What? That's crazY?" His voice cracked at the end which  was a dead giveaway to the truth he was 'trying' to hide.

"You're crap at lying, Daniel." You deadpanned.

Panic swirled in his eyes as he tried to think of an excuse but you spoke once more to grab his attention.

"I've kept your secret since the beginning so, you can tell me everything. You don't have to keep it to yourself anymore."

He went silent as he contemplated your words but his eyes moved onto your hand as you placed it on top of his and gave it a small squeeze.

"Please. I need to know what's happening. I can't take being in the dark anymore."

Daniel searched your eyes to see if you were being sincere before a sigh left his lips as a sign of defeat.

"My other body was captured by Eugene after we took down the underground operation in the second affiliate."

His revelation had your eyes widening but, what he told was nothing compared to the rest of the news he gave you.

"So much has happened..." You muttered, leaning back in your chair.

Everything seemed to make sense now that Daniel had told the missing parts to the story you were trying to figure out in your mind.

"How did you know?" He had to the ask the main question on his mind and you had already prepared an answer for it.

"When I held a secret identity before, I would act the same way you were being with your other body. That gave it away for me."

Daniel nodded, letting his body relax as he felt the stress of his secret leave him for a moment.