CHAPTER 47

"There's no point in wasting your energy on me, Eugene. You still have to sort out Big Deal."

You took two steps backwards to test if Eugene would make a move but you saw the usual resolve in his eyes dwindle away.

He was reaching his limit.

Your back touched the hood of the abandoned taxi but you kept your eyes on Eugene, Ryuhei and Yoosung in case they tried any form of attack on you.

As soon as you were in the car, you checked if the key was there and made a look of relief as you caught sight of it before you took a seat inside, closing your door and making sure to lock it.

Not that there was a point of locking the doors.

Knowing Yoosung, he would most likely smash the window and drag you out of the car that way but Eugene seemed to have decided to let you go.

You made eye contact with Eugene, seeing how he watching your every move before your focus moved onto the car as it thankfully came to life.

You steered the vehicle with ease, thanking yourself for learning how to drive in your past life and focused ahead on the roads as you made your way to your allies.

Halfway there, you noticed that ahead of you, a boy was walking on the pavement and towards Big Deal's street. His attire had him standing out but the way he walked with confidence made you feel a sense of familiarity.

"No way."

You parked up the vehicle, deciding the leave it behind as you practically jumped out of the car and ran over to the boy, a look of excitement painting your features.

"Zack!"

Zack paused in his footsteps and looked back, only for his eyes to widen as he caught sight of you running towards him with a big smile on your face.

He turned your way and at first, he walked towards you but his feet picked up its pace and he ran, the distance closing as you both enveloped each other in a hug.

No words were spoken as you held onto each other tightly, happy to reunite after being away from one another for a month.

"It's been so long."

Just having you in his arms, Zack could feel the familiar beat his heart would dance along to whenever you were around and he closed his eyes, burying his nose into the fabric of your black blazer as he took in your comforting scent.

"Where were you? I couldn't even call or text you."

You had stepped back to face the taller boy, tilting your head back to look into his eyes as he questioned your whereabouts for the past month.

"I was with Workers." Your answer almost made his jaw drop and he inched closer, observing your face to see if you were speaking the truth.

"Are you heading to Big Deal's street?"

He nodded and you linked your arm with his, the two of you facing the direction of the particular street.

"I'll tell you everything while we go there."

Zack remained quiet and listened as you went over the events that occurred during your time at the White Tiger Centre before you were given to Eugene to work under him.

"I just managed to get a hold of my contract...no wait, contracts...and then I got rid of them." You concluded with a proud smile.

Zack knew you could take care of your own problems but a part of him felt guilty that he wasn't there and by your side to help you.