CHAPTER 39

"It's because I like you."

You recalled the events before you passed out as you stared ahead with your mind being blank.

"I didn't think I would need to be here to guide you."

You looked up and your eyes widened as you recognised who was in front of you.

"Angel?"

"How many times are you going to get yourself kidnapped?"

You groaned before hanging your head in defeat, knowing you were a fool for falling into the hands of Workers twice.

"Fortunately, it's good that you're in this situation this time round."

That triggered a sense of confusion and Angel couldn't help but sigh.

"The future events are focused around Workers so it's best to stick with them...no, I'm not telling you what happens." She could tell by your eyes that you wanted her to share her knowledge of the future and rejected you coldly, making you pout.

"Aw man..."

Angel looked up, knowing she had limited time to be in this world and gazed at you once more. She approached you and pressed a finger against your temple, a warm glow emitting from her finger as she used her power to give you something unknown to you.

"This is my first and last time I'm helping you out since my senior angel won't let me see you anymore so, hear what I'm about to tell you because it's very important."

You leaned closer and watched as her lips began to move but no sound reached your ears.

"I can't hear you, Angel."

She seemed to be frustrated by what you had told her and she made an attempt to speak once again but you began to notice the room you were standing in was becoming a blur.

"War...Eugene...Jake."

You let out a gasp, your body jolting as your consciousness forced you to awaken.

"It's okay..." A soothing voice spoke up to help you calm down.

You were handed a glass of water and with shaky hands, you took a hold of it before gulping the content down. You noticed you were extremely thirsty.

"Thank you..." Your voice seemed to die as you saw who was by your side.

It was Samuel.

Your smile dropped and turned to a scowl while Samuel ignored the sting in his heart over your reaction, putting on a facade as a light smirk painted his lips.

"Where the hell am I?"

Samuel observed you for a moment before he spoke up.

"If you asked nicely, then I might tell you."

You were currently seated on a simple single sized bed, the colour of the sheets being white.

'I feel like I'm in a hospital.'

Everything was one colour. The white walls, the white vase used to hold white flowers on the white table and the white chair Samuel was seated on.

You laid back down and released a sigh.

"You're quite relaxed considering you've been imprisoned by Eugene."

You tugged on the handcuffs holding your hands together before focusing back on the ceiling.

"I've already been through this before, thanks to someone." You mentioned, your voice dripping with sarcasm.

"You're welcome."