CHAPTER 65

"They must be having fun."

You could hear the chaos that was occuring on the floors above yours and you couldn't help but express your annoyance through a flat comment.

"What was the point of me even coming here?" You huffed, crossing your arms while making a face.

"Come on, [F/N]. It's not that bad. At least you can relax for now."

The ground suddenly shook with such a force, your body trembled in the process and you blinked, turning to Jibeom to see he was just as shocked.

"An earthquake?" You questioned.

Jibeom was confused himself until his eyes settled onto something behind you.

His eyes had widened and he couldn't move as he stared in disbelief over what he was looking at.

"What's-"

You were about to ask what was wrong but turning your head, you paused as you saw a huge-

Man? Monster?

What on earth were you looking at?

It let out a roar and charged towards the vehicle, making you tense up.

"Jibeom!" You called as you jumped out of the back of the vehicle, your body almost making contact with the huge fist that had been driven down.

The ambulance now had a large dent at the top and you gaped at it before staring at the monster who was ready to attack again.

Jibeom left his seat in the car and rushed over to you in worry.

"You okay?" He asked and you nodded, the two of you focusing on the monster as he stared back with ferocity.

The floor you all stood on was dimly lit while the air was thick with tension.

The grotesque monster who was once aknowledged as a man held an appearance that you honestly found terrifying.

You hadn't seen something so frightening in the lookism universe since the stalker arc with that girl.

The monster let out a guttural growl and lunged at you both with a blinding speed. Jibeom wasn't prepared to endure the attack nor was he expecting you to move in front of him and bring your arms up to absorb the attack.

"Shit." You cursed as the power behind his attack had you stumbling back and bumping into Jibeom.

He couldn't stand around and do nothing, not when you were doing your best.

With a determined cry, Jibeom brought out the infamous style of martial art that his older brother, Jichang taught him and he slammed the side of his hand against the monster's neck.

"It's not even affected." He muttered in shock.

You gathered your strength in your right fist and smashed it against the monster's torso while gritting your teeth. It doubled over and Jibeom used this chance to attack also but to his misfortune, he didn't hold the same strength as you.

"Don't!" You cried out to your friend as he tried to fight back.

The monster seemed to take his eyes off you for a moment and you cried out Jibeom's name as he received an earth-shattering punch to his abdomen.

Jibeom landed to the ground roughly and you held your breath as you saw how still he had become.

"Jibeom?"

You couldn't go over to him as the monster made an attempt to grab you.

"Get away!"

Your anger surged another wave of power to release itself through your next attack and this time round, you managed to get the monster to fall onto his back.