CHAPTER 42

With Eli and Warren becoming a part of Workers, a fifth affiliate had been created but the business that Eli suggested to start was one you couldn't believe.

You were seated outside of Club Vivi and on a bench, a sigh escaping your lips as you stared up at the night sky.

"You seem down."

You looked back and saw Eli as he walked over to you before taking a seat besides you.

"Well, it's my fault you're here and having to do something you hate." You said with a guilty look and he shook his head, his gaze focused ahead.

"I was given the choice to join and I accepted." You were taken aback by the news and blinked as a way of showing it and it caused a small smile  to paint his handsome features.

"I'm doing this for my family...for Yena."

You came to a conclusion as he revealed to you his intentions behind his choices.

"So, you're sacrificing yourself."

The only reason you were here was to see the future of Workers unfold before you but also, Eugene had your contract and if you wanted to terminate it, the chances of him putting your parents in debt was really high. There were many ways for him to ruin your life just with that simple piece of paper but the only way he could break you was through your parent's misery.

The only way to prevent that from happening was to sacrifice yourself and keep them safe, happy and oblivious to what you really were doing at your job.

So, you and Eli were on the same boat.

"Still, if you didnt follow me back to Workers, you wouldn't have made that choice." You pointed out.

You saw the heavy look on his face and released a sigh, inching closer to him and moving to rest your head on his shoulder.

"What I'm trying to say is, let me take some of that burden off of you. That way, we can get through this together."

Eli was already feeling strange after you had placed your head on his shoulder but your words seemed to have made his heart flutter.

"I didn't want to interrupt the moment but you two do know, I'm here too."

Warren had his hands stuffed in his pockets as he gazed at you both with a raised brow while you moved away from Eli to look back, sending him a sheepish smile.

"Of course we did...right, Eli?" You nudged him and he nodded but Warren wasn't convinced as he flicked your forehead making you yelp before doing the same to Eli who didn't react.

"Come on, Eli. We have to be up early tomorrow morning." Warren told his friend who stood up.

"Where are you going tommorow?" You asked as you also got up.

"To Ansan."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"How was my day, you ask?"

You were seated in a karaoke bar room, your eye twitching as you felt very irritated with the situation you were in.

"Franky, not great."

Samuel was seated on the one seat sofa next to you, pouring himself a drink as he continued to talk.

"The guy I least expected to, became the fifth affilate president and the bastard grabbed my chin."

Samuel picked up the cup and leaned back in his seat.

"And, that's not all. Do you know what my boss said to me?"