CHAPTER 32

"You should be resting, [F/N]!"

Zack had come over to your home to visit, wanting to see if you were recovering after he received the news, a few days prior, of you being stabbed in the back.

You were in the hospital first, no visitors being allowed to enter as you were considered a small case.

Your parents were the one to find you in the alleyway and took you to the hospital, telling the doctors you were dying but when they checked for your wound, it was almost healed.

"T-That can't be. She was bleeding so much!" Your father mentioned in shock.

"The scratch must have bled for a little while which explains why her clothes are stained." The doctor assured them.

You had discovered after your little mission in prison that your body could heal a lot quicker than others. You didn't know the real reason as to why your body was like this but the only theory you could come up with was the strength you held was not just used as an offense against enemies but also a defense for your body to prevent death from happening.

So, now you had returned home and was currently in the middle of making yourself some food but Zack had witnessed you taking care of yourself and made a huge issue over it.

"I'm fine, Zack. See?" You lifted your shirt slightly to show your back but he freaked out, a blush settling onto his cheeks.

He took a hold of your shoulders and drove you out of the kitchen to seat you on your sofa while he returned to kitchen to make whatever you were craving.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" You asked as you grabbed the remote, turning the TV on and browsing through Netflix.

"Sure."

A thought struck Zack's mind at that moment and his eyes widened.

"Uh, [F/N]. Do you want to watch a horror film?"

This was the perfect opportunity. He would sit next to you on the sofa and watch the film and when a jumpscare would occur, he would wait for you to leap in his arms and cuddle up to him.

Just the thought of you being so close to him had his heart beating fast.

When he returned to the living room with your food, he placed it on the table in front of you and glanced over to the TV, only to do a double take as he saw you had chosen The Conjuring as the horror film you wanted to watch.

"I love horror films so I picked my favourite. You don't mind, do you?"

To Zack's friends, he was considered a horrible impersonator a while back when he made an attempt to copy the Terminator's famous line but right now, he was showing a pretty good example of what the famous painting, the scream looked like.

"Zack?"

He snapped himself out of his impersonation and feigned a confident smile.

"This one is my favourite too."

It wasn't and Zack was shitting himself since he hadn't actually watched the film, not knowing when a jumpscare would occur.

'I can do it! I just don't have to get scared.'

Zack had clenched his face to the point where he looked constipated as he prepared himself for the scary part but when it actually happened, he felt as if his soul left him.

"It's alright."

He didn't know when it happened but somehow, he was in your arms with you rubbing his back with comfort, your eyes still focused on the movie while his face was buried in your neck, too scared to watch anymore.