CHAPTER 29

You swung your foot with it up high, swiping it across to strike Jake's head but he ducked down in time and used his current position to wrap his arms around your arms and waist as soon as your back faced him.

You were hoisted up, and you cried out in surprise as you realised he was planning to smack your head into the floor as he let himself fall back on purpose.

As much as you liked the fact that you were currently being hugged by Jake from behind, the thought of your head smacking into the floor was not worth it so you wiggled your arms out of his hold and pressed the palm of your hands against the floor in time, a relieved sigh leaving your lips.

"That was close."

You twisted your body to escape from his hold and created a distance between you. You looked to your left as you noticed Vasco and Zack was about to enter the scene, a grin painting your lips.

"I'm going to resign for now."

Jake was confused by your words until Vasco charged inside and through the entrance doors, the two of you hi-fiving as if you were a tag team before he attacked Jake who defended himself quickly.

"I told you. Next time, I'm going be the star."

Jake stared at Vasco as he removed his jacket, preparing himself for the battle between them.

"Ha! You didn't even make it to the penthouse. Do you think you can beat us?" Samuel taunted both Vasco and Zack while you rolled your eyes.

You turned to the door as it opened, noticing how the room went silent as Daniel walked in with a serious look.

He seemed to have noticed the way everyone was staring at him and he didn't know how to respond until you nudged him making his attention move onto you.

"Loosen up."

You smiled and he couldn't help but return it before the two of you focused on what was happening ahead.

"You're late, Daniel." Eugene spoke up while Daniel walked ahead, preparing himself as he saw how Justin and Chuck were stepping forward, wanting to take him on.

You knew this was your time to rest since everyone was focused on Daniel and took a seat next to Sally who was relieved to see you.

"You okay?" She asked and you nodded, sending her a smile.

Daniel had beaten the duo with one move and was currently crouched down as he loosened up his tie, looking ahead at Eugene with a determined look.

"I'm going to help God Dog and the Hostel."

...

"Why are you posing like a superhero?!"

You couldn't help yourself as you teased him and you laughed as Daniel blushed in embarrassment, looking your way to send you a weak glare.

'He's so adorable.'

Mandeok was assigned to test Daniel's strength but Zack came in the way, coming back up everytime he was knocked down.

"I actually found the answer to this problem. I just had to get rid of everything."

Zack pulled off a pivot blow in mid air, taking Mandeok off guard while you watched in a proud manner.

'Zack, get your moment!'

"I thought about it a lot. How can I win? How can I stop losing? The answer was damn simple...I just had to forget about all the things that eat me away."

Eugene was put into a state of interest and he focused on Mandeok.

"Mandeok...Ask his name."

You stared at Eugene with a flat look.