CHAPTER 67

Samuel had fallen asleep in your arms and you laid him down gently, turning to Alexander who straightened his posture, waiting for your order.

"Take care of Samuel."

"Yes, ma'am!"

You stood up, turning to check on Jake but you were startled by his sudden presence.

"Jake-"

You caught the fist that had almost made contact with your face and stared at him in shock.

"What are you doing-" You stopped yourself as you took a closer look at his features.

'His eye colour is lighter than usual.'

"I'm sure Jake was unconcious before." Alexander mentioned to you as he sat besides Samuel.

This must be some sort of state he had put himself in to take down Samuel.

"Wake up, Jake. Samuel has calmed down." Your words only initiated another fist and you caught it again, letting out a sigh.

"I said...wake up!"

Due to your height difference, you had to jump up and knock your forehead against his and with the power you used, it made him tilt back for a second before he leaned forward and put his weight on top of you.

'I did the opposite of waking him up but, at least the problem has been solved.'

You held him close, turning yourself slowly as you placed him next to Samuel.

"Take care of Jake too."

Alexander saluted in your direction and watched as you stepped away to leave the room and as soon as you were gone, he let out a sigh of relief.

"She's scary..." Alexander mumbled, a shiver running down his spine and making him squirm.

---------------------------------------------------

Vasco was on his way towards the area, Jay and Daniel had gone ahead to, with Jerry and Warren by his side. They had joined halfway through his little journey, wanting to find their own friends who they hadn't found yet so the three created a group to help one another.

Vasco heard his name being called out and the trio stopped in their footsteps to look back and see you walking up to them.

"[F/N], what are doing here? I thought, Daniel-" Vasco was confused by your presence and you were quick to explain.

"Something came up so I had no choice. Don't worry, I'll explain after we sort this whole problem out." You assured him and he nodded.

"What's with the weapons?" Warren couldn't help but comment as he eyed the sword strapped to your back.

"I found them on my way here and thought I should be prepared so that's why I brought the bat. The sword...it looked cool." You were honest and it had Jerry smiling while Warren let out a chuckle.

The four of you all turned in the direction of the end of the hallway when a banging sound was heard.

"What was that?"

You all walked over to the room with Vasco checking inside first, but as soon as you saw his features glaze with concern and shock, you knew it wasn't good.

It all happened very quickly as you and Vasco saved small Daniel from getting the finishing blow while Jerry and Warren pushed Big Daniel away, creating a space between him and your group.

"Jay!" You let Vasco take care of small Daniel and rushed over to the blonde haired boy, your heart racing with fear as you saw how still his body was.

You went down onto your knees, leaning down to press your ear against his chest to check his heart rate.