CHAPTER 56

(a/n: this chapter has spoilers from chapter 433 and ahead.)

Now that the meeting between you had ended, Han had already left to return to Seoul, as he had told you, he was a CEO of a tech company.

He chose the rich option, which in turn gave him the power he held today, and a part of you was regretting your choice for middle class.

But, regretting it was like saying you weren't happy with the loving parents who had been taking care of you since you came here.

Then again, they still would have taken care of you even if you were rich…

You shook your head, coming out of your unnecessary thoughts, but stopped as you looked around the area.

“Oh crap.”

You don't know where you were.

You had been so immersed in your thoughts that you had ended up wandering to the wrong place.

(a/n: I did this when I was a kid, and I was in an amusement park. My mom found me an hour later with some random white family because the staff at the amusement park thought I was white too. I'm south asian 😭)

“Where am I?”

You pulled your phone out and tried to call Daniel, but there was no signal in the area.

“Damn it.” You cursed, trying to find a signal by holding your phone up, but the area was dead.

You walked ahead to look for a new area to see if a signal would come by, but the sound of a startled cry had your attention moving onto your left.

An elderly woman had fallen with her groceries landing on the floor, and you forgot your dilemma as you rushed over to her to help.

“Are you okay, ma'am?”

“Gosh, I'm getting old…I'm fine, sweetie.” She held your offered hand and stood up from the ground.

You went over to pick up the items that fell out and placed them inside the plastic bags.

“Do you want me to carry these for you? They are pretty heavy, ma'am.” You offered.

“Oh, thank you. You're so kind.”

The lady guided you to where she was headed, and you ended up at a house occupied with many other elderly women. They were in the midst of preparing food, using large bowls to mix, whatever they were making, together.

“Did you bring what I told you, Youngja?” One of the women asked in a rather loud tone as they looked at the lady besides you.

“I wouldn't have if this sweet girl didn't help me.” She mentioned.

They seemed to notice your presence, and you were taken aback as you were suddenly surrounded by the ladies.

“Who's this pretty young girl?”

“She looks to be my grandson's age. Is she single?”

“Ask her yourself!”

You were baffled by where the conversation was headed and decided to hand the bags over to one of the women without speaking up.

“We don't have time to mess around! The party for the community is starting in an hour!”

The women scurried away to go and finish their tasks, and you looked down at Youngja as she smiled up at you.

“Thank you for helping me, dear. If you have time, do you want to join our party? I can't just let you go empty-handed...it would make me feel bad.”