Prologue

Leonor and Theresia chose to live in America 3 years after their marriage. They chose to stay there permanently because their loved ones had already done so. Pia and Leila both lived in different parts of New York, making it easier for the married couple to live in California.

Beverly Hills, California
Theresia's POV

"Home sweet home!" Leonor shouted as soon as we walked inside our new home. We bought it for us to stay in after the wedding. She kissed my head and handed the keys to me. "This is it, ga!" I exclaimed, and we both laughed with delight.

This is it!

My ambition to spend the rest of our lives together officially starts now as a new chapter. In my head, it's really romantic that we'll one day start a family together, but for now, we've agreed to enjoy our time together as a married couple.

This has been a long time coming. Leonor and I opted to move into our official family home three years after we married because we wanted to get our personal priorities in order first.

Ako, I prioritized to give my sister, Pia, a stable life since it's my obligation as the older sister before I focus on mines. Pangarap ko rin naman yun na mabigyan ng magandang pamumuhay si Pia. Yun pala, she was given a house and lot by Leonor already. So ako, I just bought her a car and gave her financial assistance instead.

About my wife, she prioritized to fix MLG's condition. Before we left, nagkaroon kasi ng anomalya, so she made sure that it's all cleared out before we leave. It was 7 months in the making, therefore I can say that my wife really is an impressive CEO.

I dashed into the massive living room. "Sala palang, ang laki na." I murmured, as Leonor trailed behind me and placed her arms around my shoulders. "Ngayon lang yan malaki. Kapag tayo nagkaroon na ng mga anak, sisikip din dito," she said, and we both chuckled.

Ngayon pa lang kasi, inaasikaso na namin yung IVF. It'll be a long process, but Leonor and I really wants a child as soon as possible.

While Leonor took a call from her office, I looked around the house. I envisioned tiny kids running about as I strolled through the lengthy corridors. It got to the point that I imagined Leonor becoming enraged by the chaos those tiny toddlers would create. Natatawa na lang din ako.

I looked around the pool area. A brisk breeze blew, and I felt it on my skin. This is something I've been waiting for my entire life, and it's bizarre that it's now happening.

This day seemed like we were steadily writing to fill in the blanks in our love story. Each chapter has several events that we will experience. The difference is that I'll now collaborate on this alongside my wife, Leonor. Because I have her, I will no longer be alone and left all by myself again.

"Pangga, where are you?" Leonor started searching for me already. "Dito, love! Pool area!" I shouted back and she walked out to head towards me. "Anong ginagawa mo rito?" she asked. I smiled at her and crossed my arms together. Another strong wind blew.

"Wala lang. Muni-muni lang," I replied and she laughed. "Grabe 'no. Parang kailan lang, hindi ako naniniwala sa forever. Tapos biglang ito. Sinisimulan na natin." Leonor spoke, looking directly into my eyes.

The silence was suddenly deafening. When I found Leonor's eyes focused on mines, she smiled contentedly and stared at my features. "Tulala ka jan," I said and she smirked.

"You know, this isn't the first time I've moved into a new house, 'di ba? But this one sticks out from the rest because every time I do something similar I've done before, it always felt better with you, no matter how I repeat."

"I see you becoming older, with gray hairs, wrinkles, aging, and you'd still be as lovely as you are today, Pangga," she said abruptly after the pause. It's heartwarming how my wife still admires me the same way as when we were just starting to fall in love.

"Ako, I only imagine myself becoming older with you; you'll be the one to help me, give me medications, and we'll be strolling with canes together," I said, and she nodded with a smile.

"Banggaan tayo ng wheelchair tapos taguan ng pustiso.. Ganon?" We laughed so hard as Leonor cracked that joke. "Para kang sira!"

"Alright! That sounds fun. Let's do that, then." she said holding my hands. "Pero enjoy muna tayo habang mas bata pa tayo para bumagal ang ikot ng mundo." I said and we chuckled.

Later on, I received a videocall, it was Pia. I picked up, "Hi ate!" she shouted. "Aray ko naman. Mabibingi ako," I complained then both Leonor and Pia laughed. "Congratulations sa bagong lipat!" she said. Leonor and I thanked her for the greeting.

"Punta kayo ni Pinks dito minsan, Pi." My wife said as I faced the camera to her. "Yes, ate madam! Pupunta talaga kami dyan. Sobrang laki ng lugar ninyo!" she said. "First conjugal property namin, bahay." I said.

"Grabe! Hindi man lang kotse ang una muna?" Pia joked. "Hindi na. Bakit pa kotse kung pwedeng bahay na agad?" Leonor responded and she winked at me as well. "May mga kotse naman na ako before. Lahat yun naging part ng conjugal properties." she added.

"Well, di na ako magtataka. Unang regalo sa akin ni ate Leonor, bahay at lupa." my younger sister said, both Leonor and her laughed hysterically.

"Yeyemenin talaga..." Pia murmured. "O, siya! Sige na, ate. I have to go! May work pa ako." she said and we waved goodbye to end the call.

As soon as I placed my phone on top of the table, Leonor pushed me into the pool. "Putang-" I wasn't able to react anymore. She jumped in as well and hugged me. "Masyado ka namang matatakutin." she said and laughed at me.

"Malamang! Ikaw ba naman itulak sa pool, sinong di matatakot?" I said at muli na namang lumabas ang pagiging bungisngis nito. Leonor tucked my wet hair behind my ears and placed our foreheads together.

"Baka naman iwan mo 'ko ulit, ga. Sinasabi ko sayo ha!" I threatened jokingly to Leonor. She just pinched my cheeks, "Ikaw talaga. Stuck ka pa rin dyan. Ito na nga tayo oh, misis ko." I felt my cheeks turn red after her words. "Yieee! Kinilig siya," she said after stealing a kiss from me.

"Lagi mo naman akong pinapakilig." I said, covering my face to hide the blushing.

"Dapat masanay ka na. Di ka pa rin ba sanay?" she asked, keeping my hands away from my face and holding them instead.

"I'll never get fond of those, love. Iba ka naman kasi. I still get butterflies everytime," I replied and she smiled; a bright and wide one.

"Then let's keep it that way, okay?"

"Let's keep it this way through forever and then some..."

"Forever?"

"Forever."