Family Day (Bonus Chapter)

Leonor's POV

Today is Thalia's school foundation week and parents were invited to come during the opening because there's a school fair. As usual, when we walked in, several parents asked for photos. Some even asked for signatures. We all gave it to them willingly. Nauna kasi pumasok ang anak namin. Student's call time is 8:30 AM, dumating kami 9:30. Just on time till they let the parents enter.

"Love, alam mo, naalala ko lang na dati si mommy yung kasama ko. Ngayon, ako na yung mommy tapos kasama na ang asawa ko," Theresia whispered as we made an entrance to Thalia's classroom. "Best parts of being a parent, huh?"

"Oo naman. Yung mga ganto talaga hinihintay ko. Plus, may performance sina Thalia mamaya. We'll see her perform for the first time!" my wife squealed in excitement. "Ang cute mo naman. Excited yarn?"

We looked around the room, we couldn't find our daughter in there. Good thing, the teacher noticed us and approached. "Good morning po, Mrs. Gerona. Welcome po at maraming salamat sa pagpunta," she said politely. "Good morning, teach! May I ask where's my Thalia? Kanina pa kasi namin siya di nakikita around the school eh," My wife replied.

"Ah. She might be playing outside, near the quadrangle, Ma'am. For sure, kalaro ang mga kaibigan niya," the teacher responded to her question. "If ever, are we allowed to go there ba? Just to check how she's doing?"

"Yes, ma'am. Parents are allowed anywhere within the campus po," she smiled. "Oh, okay. Thank you, teach. We'll look for Thalia muna. Maraming salamat."

-----

While we walked through the hallways, we heard students chattering about me and MLG. Saying things about my possessions. They were more amazed by my cars. I smiled at them and they would wave back. Mababait naman pala sila dito.

From the corner, we heard crying. "Love, do you hear that or minumulto ako?" I asked Theresia, who also furrowed her brows. "Oo nga. Naririnig ko din." So, we walked further and saw Thalia crying in the corner.

"Thalia?! Anak?! Why are you here alone?" Theresia ran and hugged her. "Mommy!" our daughter exclaimed. "Hi, sweetheart. Tell me what happened? Why's my little tulip crying?"

"My friends said I do not have a dad daw, mama. Does that mean that I have a sad life? They said I was weird and boring."

"Ha?! Who said that?! That's not true, anak ko. So not true." Theresia said out of dismay. "Who said that? Kakausapin ko lang." I said.

"Mama, I think she's with her parents in the classroom. Together with her mommy and daddy," she replied with sniffles. "Halika, anak. Whatever your friends said, that's not true. You know that mommy and I loves you so much, diba? You're so precious, my love." I said as I carried her.

"Love, hahanapin ko lang yung magulang. Teka lang." Theresia said. By her tone, halatang maghahamon ng gulo. Nauna siyang maglakad going back to the classroom.

"Alin sa kanila, anak?"

"Her." she pointed at another student. Theresia immediately rushed to the parents and asked "Excuse me? Are you the parents of this child? If so, I hope you get to teach her how to control the words that comes out of her mouth."

"Excuse me? What do you mean?"

"Didn't you know? Your child was bullying my daughter for having us as parents. Sana tinuturuan niyo ang anak niyong makisama. It's such a pity if not."

"Mrs. Gerona, Mrs. Dela Cruz. What's happening?" The teacher approached. "Yes, teach. Nasaan ang guidance dito or principal's office? There are things to settle."