Chapter 19: Lasts

Leonor's POV

As soon as we arrived home. I parked the car and both of us didn't leave immediately. We sat for awhile as silence reigned over. I looked at her and saw how hard she's really trying to stop herself from crying.

She looked pale and her eyes didn't have the usual sparkles they had within. Theresia stared at the raindrops falling on the car's window. She's just so quiet. Just so as I am. I ran out of words, I have no idea what to say nor feel.

Is it right that I should just let myself get destroyed over and over again?

I love Theresia and no matter how hard I tried these recent days to forget about the way I feel for her, I just can't seem to.

As I watched her longer, her tears started to stream down again. I tapped her shoulder and handed her the tissue box that's placed behind my seat. She took it and wiped her nose and eyes. Then, we met silence again.

"C-can I hold your hand? Just for awhile? I can't seem to calm myself down." she murmured. I immediately held both of hers and her hands were really cold. "Lamig ng kamay mo," I said and she just smiled softly at me.

"I wish you'd still choose to hold me like this."

"Theresia..."

"You keep me warm, you know," she said very softly.

I turned off the car's aircon and handed her my blazer instead since hers is wet. "Leonor, you know that I really love you, right? I also promised that I'll never love again after you. So, this is the last time I'd be able to feel love. I'm glad it's you."

Her tears edged up in her eyes and I can tell her sorrow through the way she speaks. "This is the last time I'll hold someone's hand and the last time I'll fall deep into someone's eyes." she continued. "I'm grateful it's yours."

It was then that I saw a car parked outside the gates. I kept my eyes on it to see who it is. My hands let go of Theresia's and I stepped out of the vehicle to see who that person is.

As soon as its door opened, I saw my mother. "Ma? What are you doing here?" I asked, in shock of her presence. "Anak, I'm asking you to come with me. Reunite with your siblings," she said. I furrowed my eyebrows in disbelief of her words.

"What the? Am I hearing this correctly? Siblings?! Anak niyo ng bago mo? This is so funny." I said as I laughed sarcastically as I can't believe her right now. "I know you came here to ask for something more than that. Tell me para di sayang ang biyahe mo." I continued.

"Leonor, I'm asking you to put me in a position in the company. Your father owned that and I was his last legal wife, so I have the rights over it." she spoke and I scoffed "Wow! Wow! Amazing! Tama ba talaga naririnig ko from you? Para ano? Bigyan mo rin ng shares yung mga anak mo?"

"Leonor, that company is a Gerona property. Hindi lang say-"

"As far as I know, my company's name is MLG. Clearly, my initials."

"You want everything for your own, Leonor. Paano naman mga kapatid mo? They're still your siblings no matter what or how."

"That company was nothing before I sat. I grew that on my own without your help nor papa's. So don't come here saying that I want to own everything because I really do own it. Not you, not them, not even papa."

"Is this why you came back just many years after? Dahil nakikita niyo na yung success ng MLG? Tapos dati, wala kayong pake kasi you didn't know that I'm capable of making it on my own. Well, here it is. Nagkakanda-ugaga kayo to take over." I scoffed. "Hindi ba gumana yung pagpapaawa mo nung isang beses kaya ka bumalik dito?"

The audacity.

"You won't live forever, Leonor. Who'd take over that company?"

"My wife and our future children."

"Akala ko ba maghihiwalay na kayo?" she suddenly asked which then made confusion run over my head. "H-how did you know?"

"Iza."

As she mentioned her name, it felt like my head bursted through the air. "Iza?!"

"Iza's my child, Leonor! Kapatid mo siya." she said which made my temper rise up already.

So all along, Iza was the danger around me. She could've done something to me and they'd reign over my company. My anger bursted through the seams that I want to curse the whole world. Biglang pumasok sa isip ko na hindi ko nga pala alam yung apelyido niya. She never told me.

I also remembered when she said that she worked in my firm for 4 years now, nearly 5. I looked back. Theresia and I got married 3 years ago and the wedding happened a year after I came back from Barcelona. Which then means that I was gone 4 years ago. She started to work for MLG during the time I was found nowhere.

It all makes sense now.

"Whatever it is that you plan on doing next, I'll make sure none of you gets my company from me. You don't and will never have the rights above it. Wala akong kahit sinong kapatid dahil wala na akong ibang pamilyang kinikilala kundi yung sa amin ni Theresia."

She then slapped me. "You keep involving your wife in this topic! Hindi ka ba natatakot anong pwedeng mangyari sa kanya? Ang dami na ngang nangyayari sa inyo."

"This is your plan?! I won't continue the divorce with my wife. Theresia is the one under my beneficiaries. Kung may mangyayari sa akin, lahat ng akin mapupunta sa kanya, hindi sa inyo. I also have the capacity to do something you won't expect lalo na kung isasama niyo ang asawa ko dito."

"I won't allow you to lay a finger on her. Leave!" I shouted at her. She gulped within her throat and went back inside the van.

At this point, I can't stand to believe which one is real or not. Everyday feels like a revelation. I stood outside wondering what I did to deserve this, but one thing's for sure.

I'll do anything to protect both Theresia and my company. But once it costs my company to keep her safe, I'll have no doubts to give it up too.